nexus arrive in stores

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't if it was the phone I wanted. The Nexus can come that way for all I care. I don't buy a phone because it's in a pretty box.

You could make an arguement that if Verizon doesn't care about the packaging, they may not care about the phone and not make a big effort to keep it up-to-date. That might not apply with a "Nexus" device, but remember it has a few Verizon bloatware apps on there is probably some Verizon sign-off involved...

Reactions: thedeceiver

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i couldn't care less if Verizon cares about the phone. When i purchase a phone it is MINE to do whatever i want with it. Which is going to include rooting it. The main reason i will never buy an apple product. they seem to thinks its ok to dictate what i do with my phone, no no no. its mine all mine!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
its coming this friday. I just want to skip to 12/9

I hope so. I just received my second case, a cheap Ebay one. These cases are really nice and makes me think twice about paying $30.00 or more for a high-end name-brand case.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You could make an arguement that if Verizon doesn't care about the packaging, they may not care about the phone and not make a big effort to keep it up-to-date. That might not apply with a "Nexus" device, but remember it has a few Verizon bloatware apps on there is probably some Verizon sign-off involved...

Lol. So if the phone doesn't come in fancy ass packaging, that somehow means Verizon isn't going to have to, and for some reason, not make a big effort to sign off on "up-dates" because of two apps that aren't even cooked into the OS? Ok.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If that phone itself is made of diamond and gold, I really don't care.

I can make a case myself, put glitters on it, and flip it for $6000.

This reminded me of Tommy Boy when he went on to say he will crap in a box and slap a warranty on it if it makes you feel good.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Have you actually seen the packaging of previous Nexus phones? This is nothing different so I don't see how you could even infer the possibility that Verizon simply "won't care" for this device based on that.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you actually seen the packaging of previous Nexus phones? This is nothing different so I don't see how you could even infer the possibility that Verizon simply "won't care" for this device based on that.
Plus he apparently didn't see my earlier post. That packaging is identical to their other non-Droid high end phones except for color. The inside is identical and the outside is identical minus the color. The Thunderbolt and Revolution were in boxes just as plain except they were black.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing alot of buzz about the samsung galaxy nexus with ICS and I am thinking of jumping ship to do it. I've been with At&t for years. I've had a Blackberry for quite a while and I'm tired of all the reboots and battery pulls. With my brother no longer going to be using his Blackberry I mainly used BBM with the family but they are leaving it. I'm thinking android & why not go with the latest and greatest. Any recommendations?:)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Agree. I mentioned in another post the idea that it could be the demo units or units destined for SME's. Those devices may have different exterior packaging to prevent "mix-ups" with the general phone population.

But, more than likely, that's just the box. The Thunderbolt was very understaed like that. It had some embossed 4G LTE but that was it.

Possible but unlikely. I got to see the box for the demo Rezound the day before release,and it had writing all over it, unlike the plan black that the actual product came in.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I just want the phone, don't care how the package looks, they could tie it up with a rubber band and throw it in a brown paper bag for all I care I just want the phone already.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to spare myself the bloodshed of going to a store for it.. :D by the time I get there they'll be sold out anyway..so ordering from VZW is the safe bet...:cool:

Doubtful. This device is getting zero pub from verizon. I'm willing to bet you can walk in almost any store on launch day and get one. The average customer thinks the Razr and 4s are the best two verizon phones and they certainly won't push customers away from those to the nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo