Nexus7 (2013) 4.4.2 Update

worldfoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the google framework trick deleting the app data and force stopping the app. Took me 4 attempts, but then the update popped up and that's basically how I've received all my upgrades instead of waiting for the auto update.

This also worked for me.....strange as it took me 4 times as well. EDIT....the OTA is giving me an error on install???

I deleted seeder and android system tweaker pro before SECOND install attempt....any suggestions?

Last edited:

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
woke up this morning to find 4.2.2 waiting on my N10 and son's N7. sadly Son only had sparks of power left in the battery so ihad toplug it in and charge it until Just before I left for work.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Got it in CT last night on my nexus 7 2013 32gb wifi. Seems that scrolling is a bit smoother. Had some momentary screen freezes before this and they seem to be gone as well. Performance seems a bit snappier in overall.

After just a couple days of using 4.4.2.......I am finding the same as you. I have not seen the momentary freeze ups yet that I used to get. Overall, the touch is more responsive and things feel generally snappier I agree.

Sounds for when typing keys on the keyboard have changed.
Posted via Android Central App

Yes the sounds are different and they are very soft and hard to hear. I went into the keyboard settings and set the volume for the sounds way up to like 80+ to get close to the same sound volume level as past levels. They are different sounding and some will probably not like them. I did not mind the simple electronic click sound the google keyboard had always had.

bmoliver

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Found at least two broken apps - MX Player Pro & App Ops. (May have broken with 4.4.1).

Anyone know if the broken GPS issue has been fixed. My GPS broke (would not get a lock and was seeing far fewer satellites - only about 5) after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4. I went back to 4.3 (JSS15R) and the GPS went back to working just fine (now sees from 18 to 20 satellites).

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the broken GPS issue has been fixed. My GPS broke (would not get a lock and was seeing far fewer satellites - only about 5) after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4. I went back to 4.3 (JSS15R) and the GPS went back to working just fine (now sees from 18 to 20 satellites).

So far with my 2nd test of GPS with 4.4.2......... Today it is clear outside and in my house on 1st floor.....I am getting a lock with in 10 seconds and seeing 22 to 25 and using 10 to 16 sats. Accuracy is 10 -13 feet. I never had this good of GPS response yet with the various OS versions on the new N7.

ks1g

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
4.4.2 was available for OTA install as soon as I got home last night and had wifi access (none at work & USB or BlueTooth phone tethering hasn't been working under 4.4). Never saw 4.4.1. Easy install onto stock system and no obvious issues observed. Sadly, bluetooth tethering (left OTA adaptors home, argh!) still isn't working standalone with EasyTether or PDANet. System info says I am now running 4.4.2, Kernel version 3.4.0-gac9222c, Nov 20 14:50:44 PST 2013, Build KOT49H.

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Got 4.4.2 last night but just installed it today. Immediately had ghost touches and crazy lag, and pinch-to-zoom in Maps was reversed. Rebooted and it seems okay now, but Maps is still pretty jittery, particularly with multi-touch, although it has never been particularly smooth on my N7, much to my frustration. It's actually borderline unusable for exploring...but again, it seems like it has always been like that, although I can't imagine why, since Maps was buttery smooth on my N4. Guessing it's the touchscreen.

Ironhead2244

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got 4.4.2 last night but just installed it today. Immediately had ghost touches and crazy lag, and pinch-to-zoom in Maps was reversed. Rebooted and it seems okay now, but Maps is still pretty jittery, particularly with multi-touch, although it has never been particularly smooth on my N7, much to my frustration. It's actually borderline unusable for exploring...but again, it seems like it has always been like that, although I can't imagine why, since Maps was buttery smooth on my N4. Guessing it's the touchscreen.

This is hard to believe. I have 4.4.2 installed as well and have none of the above problems, nor have I ever on my N7 (2013). Maybe its just your tablet that is faulty? Everything on mine runs extremely smooth, no lag what so ever, no touch screen problems, and maps works amazing. 10x better then maps app on iPad. To say that its almost unusable is ridiculous. Either there is something wrong with yours or just another Nexus hater???

Posted via Android Central App

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This is hard to believe. I have 4.4.2 installed as well and have none of the above problems, nor have I ever on my N7 (2013). Maybe its just your tablet that is faulty? Everything on mine runs extremely smooth, no lag what so ever, no touch screen problems, and maps works amazing. 10x better then maps app on iPad. To say that its almost unusable is ridiculous.

Yes, my experience is different from yours so I must be lying.

Either there is something wrong with yours or just another Nexus hater???

Take a breath and relax....jesus. I didn't say "all Nexus 7s are crap because Maps sucks on mine"...I simply noted that mine has an issue with Maps and multitouch that makes Maps borderline unusable for me, and that is frustrating. Notice that I also said Maps works perfectly on my NEXUS 4.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
That's weird, I never noticed any unresponiveness that i felt was not normal with touch screen. I did notice that it isnt as receptive to touch as a samsung tab, but that is just the nature of this device I think. Samsung definitely has the less frustrating tab to use however.