No Dark Mode for Gmail or Google App, anyone else?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I turned on dark theme, but my google app doesn't give me the option to use it, neither does G mail.

They are the latest builds of these apps. This happen to anyone else?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I turned on dark theme, but my google app doesn't give me the option to use it, neither does G mail.

They are the latest builds of these apps. This happen to anyone else?

Google app and Assistant dark mode are currently in rollout from what I've read. Should be hitting your device soon. Gmail is still in development for mobile, I think. Just hitting desktops recently.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
GMail dark theme is rolling out. It's apparently a server-side switch once your app is updated. I updated my app earlier this week but have not yet seen the option available.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
GMail dark theme is rolling out. It's apparently a server-side switch once your app is updated. I updated my app earlier this week but have not yet seen the option available.
Yep yep, can't wait! I'm looking so forward to gmail dark mode! does anyone have any idea of when Google's going to flip the service switch on? Keep on checking my app updates and Play store, and my Gmail application settings.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Something new today for my pixel 2. Play store no longer works in dark mode. Even with Force dark set in developer settings. I was hoping maybe this meant something significant LOL, probably not.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Something new today for my pixel 2. Play store no longer works in dark mode. Even with Force dark set in developer settings. I was hoping maybe this meant something significant LOL, probably not.
Yuppers I was wondering if anyone else was going to notice that as well. Maybe it's another server side change that Google accidentally did.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I work with 4 other Pixel owners. None of us have gotten any of the supposed dark modes. Gmail, Google, or Play Store. Wonder if these news sites jumped the gun with their stories?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I work with 4 other Pixel owners. None of us have gotten any of the supposed dark modes. Gmail, Google, or Play Store. Wonder if these news sites jumped the gun with their stories?
Yeah that's what I'm wondering I was well. We needed ASAP