No Dark Mode for Gmail or Google App, anyone else?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have dark mode Google, white Gmail and Play store on Pixel 3 XL. Spousal unit has just dark mode play store nothing else on Pixel 3a.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the Google Play services beta version installing my phone. I can't imagine that would make any difference though. Right? Because my Google Play store automatically turned back to dark mode I didn't change anything just making sure...
ea4cfb44d1310d00cdce0c0c8b058649.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me and from what I’ve been hearing and reading that everything is a server side switch. Having said that I can say some of us including me used to have a dark mode play store app and now don’t, switch turned off again.? Hard to say.
I also notice several apps I use are dark mode but only if I force dark thru dev settings. So it seemed they are not fully baked yet either because we shouldn’t need to “force dark” to make it work. Little by little and bit by bit it is coming, just need to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.
I hear that iOS will have a dark gmail also and it is supposed to be released soon. Since I also have an iPhone, I have been watching for it. I wonder who will be first?
Really happy to see a dark assistant now since it used to light up an entire room annoyingly when I would ask something before sunup.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me and from what I’ve been hearing and reading that everything is a server side switch. Having said that I can say some of us including me used to have a dark mode play store app and now don’t, switch turned off again.? Hard to say.
I also notice several apps I use are dark mode but only if I force dark thru dev settings. So it seemed they are not fully baked yet either because we shouldn’t need to “force dark” to make it work. Little by little and bit by bit it is coming, just need to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.
I hear that iOS will have a dark gmail also and it is supposed to be released soon. Since I also have an iPhone, I have been watching for it. I wonder who will be first?
Really happy to see a dark assistant now since it used to light up an entire room annoyingly when I would ask something before sunup.
Yeah I know that's what I figured. Server side switch means it's not up to us it's up to Google.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I now have Play Store dark mode along with the Googley App. I got an update to GMail but still no dark mode for it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, slowly but truly. I wonder when Gmail and Google Assistant dark mode will actually roll out though?