No Dark Mode for Gmail or Google App, anyone else?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing at first, but my personal Gmail inbox is blacked out! My work exchange account isn't but I don't care.
Wait! What?!? You have one email account blacked out, but the other one is still white? Both running in the Gmail app?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait! What?!? You have one email account blacked out, but the other one is still white? Both running in the Gmail app?
Haha , check this out...
0edb9a4a7ecb152b4fac7287c11af764.jpg
26d2d1b361935ab96858afee61b91f97.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it's kinda weird it's taking this long even ridiculous. You get assistant dark mode ?
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Google just like everyone else does here... But they're slow roll out is ridiculous. What are they afraid we're all going to crash their servers in California? Lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all the rituals to get it and nothing
yeah man I know what you mean. I've tried all the rituals myself, trying to force the Google/Google app to go in the dark mode and nothing. It really is a server side switch. It took months for them to turn Gmail!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah man I know what you mean. I've tried all the rituals myself, trying to force the Google/Google app to go in the dark mode and nothing. It really is a server side switch. It took months for them to turn Gmail!!
Yeah , just have to wait impatiently :(

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not even a true black when Google's applying it... it's honestly disappointing when you realize that one of the supposed benefits is saving battery, which doesn't happen when the background is a gray instead of just straight turning off the pixels on the screen =\

https://www.wired.com/story/do-you-need-dark-mode/

I'm sure y'all have read something like this, and this isn't the only article I've read about the matter, but it makes me think...what are we honestly excited about if dark mode doesn't really do any of the things it's linked with doing?