No Data Access

rossomatic

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

First time posting in the Atrix forums, but have been lurking around some time after purchasing last week. So far, love it.

Just starting this morning, I don't have data access at all via the AT&T network. Under the "H" logo in the status bar, I see the download arrow flickering, but not the upload arrow. Can't access the web via the browser, the market, etc. When I connect via wireless, I have no problem at all. Also, calls go through perfectly fine.

The phone is rooted, nothing else done to it besides customized widgets, etc. Nothing sideloaded. Anybody know what's up?

Your help is definitely appreciated...

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

First time posting in the Atrix forums, but have been lurking around some time after purchasing last week. So far, love it.

Just starting this morning, I don't have data access at all via the AT&T network. Under the "H" logo in the status bar, I see the download arrow flickering, but not the upload arrow. Can't access the web via the browser, the market, etc. When I connect via wireless, I have no problem at all. Also, calls go through perfectly fine.

The phone is rooted, nothing else done to it besides customized widgets, etc. Nothing sideloaded. Anybody know what's up?

Your help is definitely appreciated...

Kinda like this

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/62540-weird-connection-issues.html

rossomatic

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I did go through that thread, and it's not even a hiccup in data connectivity between wireless to 4G that I'm experiencing.

Just total loss of data activity via the cellular antenna...

MythrilFork

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen. My friend who has the same phone also has had this happen a few times. We just reboot it and it works every time afterwards.
Rebooting fixes over 70% of PC issues, so I figure since phones are starting to become like PC's, then a reboot should fix many phone issues as well.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
+ Just this morning, as I was leaving my house, I turned off WIFI to save battery. I made several phone calls on the way to work, so I know the phone was connected to ATT's network. When I got to work and attempted to load a page in the browser, it told me that no network connection could be found. WTF? I had to reboot the phone to get it to recognize ATT's data network.

This was from the original post from that thread and sounds an awful lot like what you are reporting. Unless I'm reading your post incorrectly. There seems to be some issue with handing off from wifi to cellular.

The same issue is happening to me. The only way I could find to "fix" it was to power cycle the phone. The only way I found to prevent it from happening again was to not reactivate wifi...which is fine for ME because I have unlimited data but understand fully why others can't just do data over cellular.

Good Luck....I think we're all looking for the answer to the same problem.

rossomatic

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Got off the phone with AT&T, and a lot of users here in the DC-Metro area are having the same problems across the board - Android, iPhone, Blackberry.

Anybody else here in the DC area having issues?

BuddhaBravo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Got off the phone with AT&T, and a lot of users here in the DC-Metro area are having the same problems across the board - Android, iPhone, Blackberry.

Anybody else here in the DC area having issues?

I live in DC and I had the same thing happen yesterday. The only difference is that I rebooted and it didn't fix the problem. But about half an hour later it notified me of new mail and everything was working fine again. Maybe it's AT&T mucking around with the network.

idrumgood

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue here in Chicago. Past two days. I see full signal, upload/download arrows flashing, but no data comes through. Strangely enough, I seem to be able to get at my gmail just fine (I still get new mail notifications, and can check it through the gmail app.)

But facebook, words with friends, and the browser all won't load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nuella90