No ics any time soon.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The carriers have their own quality tests they want and need to run first, so yes, it's going to take longer. Most people don't know what benefit ICS will bring, anyway.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like gingerbread. I may be in the minority, but it works for me. I've messed around with ics on my wife's nexus and while it has some nice features, I miss some of the long press actions. Guess it just takes some getting use to, but i'm in no hurry to change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cceller

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I can see both sides but essentially we are now having to wait almost a year from release to get ICS?

By the time we get it these phones (in terms of phone technology) they will be relics?

Should we start looking at custom ROM's?

What do you all think?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It seems crazy. My guess sumner time for ics. Like you said they phone is already old. In june Google should announce j oc aka jelly been for a oct release on next nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like gingerbread. I may be in the minority, but it works for me. I've messed around with ics on my wife's nexus and while it has some nice features, I miss some of the long press actions. Guess it just takes some getting use to, but i'm in no hurry to change.

I'm with wildman here. My wife returned the Nexus and went with the Maxx. She doesn't miss ICS at all, she's a phone wizard.... I don't either. Has some neat features but I think I would like to stay with what I am comfortable with for now.

If ICS takes this long it will be another fun round of deciding which phone to get next! Enjoy the Bionic and get what you can out of it!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

If you use Nova Launcher on ICS you still have the long press options/action which I use and love.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I can wait. I'm looking forward to ICS, but expected that it would take awhile. I think Motorola is just being extra conservative with their estimates, knowing that Verizon could hold things up.

balthuszar

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

i'm not going to miss ics if i dont get it, having messed around with ICS and being unimpressed with it...most people just want it because its the "latest" iteration...and because "only the cool kids have it"

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The longer the better. Most Apps are not optimized for ICS yet. Would you rather wait for ICS and have apps that work when it comes out or would you rather have ICS now and wait for the Apps you use on a daily basis to catch up? Think of it that way.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I never get a phone based on when it will be updated. I look at what it can offer me now, not in the future. I had a chance to keep my g nex, and didn't. For the ones who want it soon, sorry.

I also really like what moto did with blur on gb, so it's not like the droid 1 where it got alot with froyo. Folks with a bionic and razr can be content for now imo.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i'm not going to miss ics if i dont get it, having messed around with ICS and being unimpressed with it...most people just want it because its the "latest" iteration...and because "only the cool kids have it"

Well I agree there also. newer doesn't always mean better. ICS is nice and will eventually grace my phone, but gingerbread is very smooth running..hard to want to change.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Well since some folks decided to post the ICS timeline for Moto phones all over the forums....this is a lil update on the situation:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/1...at-we-can-expect-in-the-next-version-of-blur/

Doesnt say when its coming....but so far I like what I see. Those that havent had a G Nex or seen ICS it look like Moto barely touched it based on those screen shots. Folks in the know at the source site say its seems legit so far.