No More Silent Mode

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
But then if you want to go to sleep at night you choose between no alarm or priority coming through. My definition of "priority" at 2am and 2pm are different.

I see. For me, I still want my priority calls and messages to come through while I'm sleeping. It may be my mom calling in an emergency situation. If you want nothing but the alarms to be audible, you can disable everything else in the Settings menu. It is probably more cumbersome than you want it to be, but it's doable.

As for the flexibility on the none mode, what exactly do you have in mind? To me, "none" is "none" - quiet, no sound, no vibration, no exception.

van_basten

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Initially I didn't like that they got rid of the silent mode. Now that I get used to the priority mode, I actually like it a lot. I just schedule the priority mode between 12am - 8am daily in the way that only alarm and my starred contacts can wake me up. Everything else still come through notification on screen, just no sound, no vibrate and no flashing light. During meeting I just manually set to none. It's a brilliant idea by google.

Last edited: