Not getting text message notifications with HTC Vivid

May 28, 2012
Visit site

I have a brand new HTC Vivid and all of a sudden my text notifications..it stopped making the sound and stopped showing up in at the top, only way I know I've even recieved one is if I go directly to text messages and check...any suggestions ?

Thanks a bunch :D

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This happened a lot with my vivid. I ended up doing a factory reset to get messaging back on track. Also, my messages started saying the senders text was sent 2 mins before the posted time. So my messages were getting all mixed up. The remedy I found to fix all this was to buy a galaxy nexus ;-)

no problems at all now!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
All your contacts are saved on your Google account the only things you will lose is your apps and the apps memory. A factory reset refreshes your phone just like it was when you first powered on the device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DotX

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I have a brand new HTC Vivid and all of a sudden my text notifications..it stopped making the sound and stopped showing up in at the top, only way I know I've even recieved one is if I go directly to text messages and check...any suggestions ?

Thanks a bunch :D

Clearing the "application data" for the Google Voice app In the Android "Manage Applications" settings worked for me. You have to go through the first time Google Voice setup again but then notifications started working again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunarmoon0320