Note 20 Ultra pre-order UK thread.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
As I'm not personally interested in a Network Contract I use Pay Go on Vodafone which provide 5G to Payg Customers.

I also use o2 Payg who give 100Gb of Mobile Data but they don't offer 5G on Payg - yet.

Stay Safe.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I also use o2 Payg who give 100Gb of Mobile Data but they don't offer 5G on Payg - yet.

Stay Safe.
I have to laugh at BT sometimes, when I look at my plan (which is basically unlimited texts/messages and 3gb data for a fiver) they say my phone/contract is not capable of VoLTE, which I have been using for the last 18 months!

Where I work there are places where no network coverage is possible so VoLTE is necessary and with unlimited WiFi its no issue, but I ain't going to moan to BT lol

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean voWiFi?
I have to laugh at BT sometimes, when I look at my plan (which is basically unlimited texts/messages and 3gb data for a fiver) they say my phone/contract is not capable of VoLTE, which I have been using for the last 18 months!

Where I work there are places where no network coverage is possible so VoLTE is necessary and with unlimited WiFi its no issue, but I ain't going to moan to BT lol

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I was a big advocate of Three back in the day. Periodically try them and the past 3 years they have been terrible.

Granted signal and speed are subjective. But I travel around therfore giving them a good test.
Certainly my whole village is now a three black spot.

Hopefully their massive investment in 5G spectrum will bear fruit, but not in the short term. Their placement of 5G is just weird, small random towns instead of population hotpots or venues.

As always, if you can get it the deals are pretty good. If you have a uni / college email it's £16 unlimited all.
And their unlimited sim only deals are insane. currently £22 a month for truly unlimited, full speed data that can be tethered. I got mine for £20 a year ago.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Only downside moving away from EE is missing out on BT sport which only costs me £5 extra a month to cast.

If I left EE and got it through sky it’s £25 a month so really cost wise makes sense to get a smart sim plan with EE

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Ireland and here 3 has always been a disaster, besides poor coverage and non existent customer service I'm surprised they have any customers left

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm unfortunate that the Only provider that can offer a signal in my street and a better signal in the wider village is O2. Kids are with sky ( o2 provider) which has been great.

So kinda stuck with them. I ( global pandemic not withstanding) normally travel, so usually have another sim as standby.

The other real benefit to me is being a tech advisor on their ( o2) community forum. This gives a discount on my bill depending on how much I contribute.

Looks like the N20U will be dual sim which is brilliant. But also looks like the Exynos is not esim which is a shame. Anyone heard any different?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard that the Snapdragon 865+ Note 20 Ultra uses superior Sony camera sensors whereas Samsung uses their own sensors in the Exynos?

I certainly haven't heard about this.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone heard that the Snapdragon 865+ Note 20 Ultra uses superior Sony camera sensors whereas Samsung uses their own sensors?

No never heard that, that would be nuts if they did but don’t think there’s any truth in it

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard that the Snapdragon 865+ Note 20 Ultra uses superior Sony camera sensors whereas Samsung uses their own sensors in the Exynos?

I'm fairly sure I would have picked up on that if it was the case.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah same here, typical hospital appointment but hopefully back before then.

Wow its been a crazy one this year,
First we get a free gift, and then early delivery!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001