Note 3 price drop at Verizon Wireless

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Under the banner for this it talks about iPhone trade ins and gives a date. Is that the date the promotion ends or does that date just refer to IPhones?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

They told my father he had till March 15th.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I loved my S3, and I think it is an excellent device. My wife (a non-techie) has never had a smartphone before, and will never use it to half it's potential. I do not intend on touching my contract until Verizon forces unlimited data away from those who have it. I'm eligible for a 2-year contract phone discount (and have been for years) but with the amount of data I use, I'd easily spend more than the cost of a phone off-contract in one year of data alone.

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I just jumped in and just did the 12 month finance thing for my Note 3. I do have a Note 2 that I will sell when my return period ends on Friday. Verizon offered me $113 for my Note 2. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I loved my S3, and I think it is an excellent device. My wife (a non-techie) has never had a smartphone before, and will never use it to half it's potential. I do not intend on touching my contract until Verizon forces unlimited data away from those who have it. I'm eligible for a 2-year contract phone discount (and have been for years) but with the amount of data I use, I'd easily spend more than the cost of a phone off-contract in one year of data alone.
you won't lose your unlimited data if you transfer your upgrade to her account. The process is outlined on this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon-98.html#post3443835

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The VZW "Trade in Trade up" promotion is good through 3/31/14, and has to be used at the time of purchase of a new phone. I almost considered buying a Note 3 from a retail store, but I'm glad I went home to do a little research. The in-store (2-year contract) price was $299.99. As of 5 days ago- the price they give you on the phone was $199.99 (and they let you apply the aforementioned coupon code), bringing the price to $149.99. Since I was purchasing over the phone, they annotated my account to reflect my intention to take advantage of their "Trade-in Trade-up" promotion, so all I had to do was go into a VZW location with the archaic Blackberry and they applied the $100 credit to my account (which could be applied after the purchase was made, since I mentioned it at the time of purchase). I was pseudo-expecting a problem. but was pleasantly surprised when it all worked as advertised.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I looked tuesday and it said $649.99. I'll look again today.

Posted via Android Central App

Verizon prices even full retail can fluctuate. Which is why I said the current price.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just jumped in and just did the 12 month finance thing for my Note 3. I do have a Note 2 that I will sell when my return period ends on Friday. Verizon offered me $113 for my Note 2. No thanks.

113 would be more than I paid for my note 2 last Feb. I paid 98 at Sams club

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
113 would be more than I paid for my note 2 last Feb. I paid 98 at Sams club

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note II for $37 back in February, my first Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $90 on release day and my second Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for free after visa prepaid card. I would not trade in any of them for $113 or $192 respectively, even though it was less than what I paid for it, since I bought it on contract.

You can sell it yourself for much more or give away the phone to relatives or whatever.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note II for $37 back in February, my first Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $90 on release day and my second Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for free after visa prepaid card. I would not trade in any of them for $113 or $192 respectively, even though it was less than what I paid for it, since I bought it on contract.

You can sell it yourself for much more or give away the phone to relatives or whatever.

I'm happy with n2 and not looking to sell but if I did, I would then have to pay early termination fee wouldn't I?

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
...I almost considered buying a Note 3 from a retail store, but I'm glad I went home to do a little research. The in-store (2-year contract) price was $299.99. As of 5 days ago- the price they give you on the phone was $199.99 (and they let you apply the aforementioned coupon code), bringing the price to $149.99...
The VZWDEAL code, that works for only the Rose Gold color? Or any color? Online, I couldn't get it to work for Black.

BTW, do you guys buy Equipment Protection with your phones or skip it?

Thanks! :cool:

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The VZWDEAL code, that works for only the Rose Gold color? Or any color? Online, I couldn't get it to work for Black.
online only for rose gold but another poster said if you called they would apply it to the other colors. Also, if you do order over the phone, have them put you in for the $100 gc trade in when you purchase.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with n2 and not looking to sell but if I did, I would then have to pay early termination fee wouldn't I?

Verizon only charges an etf if you terminate the line early.

However certain third party may charge you a secondary etf of $400 if you make certain changes within 181 days. This secondary etf is on addition to the Verizon $350 etf.

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
online only for rose gold but another poster said if you called they would apply it to the other colors. Also, if you do order over the phone, have them put you in for the $100 gc trade in when you purchase.

Thanks. :cool:

$100 gc trade-in would be nice, but I don't actually have a smart phone to trade in...just maybe a dumb phone.

Anyone w/ opinions on purchasing VZW's Equipment Protection?

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

BTW, do you guys buy Equipment Protection with your phones or skip it?

Thanks! :cool:

I'd imagine it would work for any color (there usually aren't restrictions based on color).

Equipment protection is purely a personal preference. I have the plain insurance on my line because the monthly premium is cheap ($5.18 in my area) and phone is financed. Some folks have this protection in their home insurance or some third party service (like Square Trade)

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I used the VZWDEAL coupon for my 3-day-old Black Note 3. I do not believe there is any restriction with respect to the color you select.

Also- the Trade-in, Trade-up promotion only applies to "smartphones". The Verizon rep who took my ancient Blackberry 7950 (from the late 90's) in on trade was trying to tell me that it was not a smartphone, (I think they are looking for touchscreen phones, honestly). Since there was a folder on the phone called "apps" he was convinced otherwise. He even started saying that the trade-in has to be in demonstrable working condition (luckily I had plugged it in and it held a charge long enough to get the deal done) at which point he went and applied the $100 credit to my account. The rep I dealt with seemed to try to NOT honor the offer (at least with the device I was trading in), so I'd say that a regular phone will not get you the minimum $100 credit (but if that is all you have- it's worth a try).

Regarding the insurance that they will try to sell you- they offer you an $8/mo protection plan, and then a $10/mo plan (which is the same, with some sort of tech support added). They will NOT offer you the $5.18/mo insurance- which is exactly the same as the $8/mo insurance (according to the VZW reps that I spoke with). I assume they do not offer it since they easily sell the $8 and $10 plans all day long. If you ask them, they will tell you that there is a $5 plan (which I knew about, since I have paid for and used (once) for years.) I was tempted to ask them why they did not offer the $5 plan to me upfront, but I didn't want to push my luck. Interesting, huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174