Note 3 price drop at Verizon Wireless

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me rephrase. I could not get 3 different discount codes to work on any color but Rose Gold. So at least for some of us there is a color restriction. See if it works on Rose Gold when it doesn't work on another color. You don't have to complete the sale but if you don't want to.

Deb from my Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
$5.18/mo is insurance through asurion for loss or theft or accidental damage. There is a $99 deductible per claim and 2 claim limit per year

$3/mo is for extended warranty which would kick in after your one year warranty. There is no deductible and no claim limit.

$8/mo combines the asurion insurance with extended warranty and is called Total Equipment Coverage.

$10/mo includes TEC and adds Tech Coach to it. It is called Total Mobile Protection.

Offerings may vary by state, but most states offer the above packages. Also prices above are for android. Iphone has a different pricing.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the codes are working on a supply and demand basis. Depending on the day of the week and how many units they have in what color may be what determines which color will work for the code on any given day.

Deb from my Note 2

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok let me rephrase. I could not get 3 different discount codes to work on any color but Rose Gold. So at least for some of us there is a color restriction. See if it works on Rose Gold when it doesn't work on another color. You don't have to complete the sale but if you don't want to.
The code only works for the rose gold online. The poster that got the black one called and the phone rep agreed to apply the discount to the black one.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
$5.18/mo is insurance through asurion for loss or theft or accidental damage. There is a $99 deductible per claim and 2 claim limit per year

$3/mo is for extended warranty which would kick in after your one year warranty. There is no deductible and no claim limit.
So then you should go with the $5.18 insurance for the first year and then during open enrollment, add the $3 extended warranty.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Coz may be right. If you want a Black one (which is what I have- it's very, very nice in my opinion) purchase the Note 3 over the phone. I had absolutely no trouble using that code at all, and there was no mention of it being color specific.

Dpham- Beautifully written. The VZW reps that I dealt with could not break any of that down the way you did.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So then you should go with the $5.18 insurance for the first year and then during open enrollment, add the $3 extended warranty.

You can only add insurance or extended warranty during the first 30 days of purchase or during open enrollment.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You can only add insurance or extended warranty during the first 30 days of purchase or during open enrollment.
right but lately, they have been having open enrollment twice a year. So what I would do is go with insurance only for the first year, and then in the second year add extended warranty during open enrollment.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the codes are working on a supply and demand basis. Depending on the day of the week and how many units they have in what color may be what determines which color will work for the code on any given day.
If you really wanted the white one, I would call and complain that the code only worked on the rose gold one online and others got the black one ordering over the phone. I am sure they will give you the $30 courtesy credit to prevent you from returning the rose gold one.

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

There is open enrollment going on now. I think it goes on through 3/17

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
right but lately, they have been having open enrollment twice a year. So what I would do is go with insurance only for the first year, and then in the second year add extended warranty during open enrollment.

Right but if open enrollment isn't available and you don't sign up before your phone has a mechanical defect then you would be SOL. your risk to take of course.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Right but if open enrollment isn't available and you don't sign up before your phone has a mechanical defect then you would be SOL. your risk to take of course.
yeah, it would save about $40 after tax, though. Last year open enrollment was jan and feb and again oct and nov. So there is risk, but you could sign up early for it depending on when you buy.

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The VZWDEAL code, that works for only the Rose Gold color? Or any color? Online, I couldn't get it to work for Black.

BTW, do you guys buy Equipment Protection with your phones or skip it?

Thanks! :cool:

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for getting this thread a little off-topic on insurance.