Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I just had a software update on my Note 4. It was about a 160 Meg. Thinking is was Lollipop 5.1.1.1 but after it was done... Its still at 5.0.1. Is there anyway to know what update was installed?

mcbrown98

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I received the same software update on my note 4 as well. Wondering why they would push this one before 5.1 and now wondering if we will still get 5.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I received the same software update on my note 4 as well. Wondering why they would push this one before 5.1 and now wondering if we will still get 5.1.

I'm hoping we still get it also. I wonder if there is a delay with 5.1.1.1 so they updated us now? Not sure

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

The biggest thing was the security fix. Something about the phone being vulnerable when on open Wi-Fi networks. All the carriers pushed it.
We'll hopefully not get 5.1 but 5.2/6.0 (M) instead since the next update will mostly likely be its last.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
VZW got it too. since the update im not able to use the hotspot on it for longer than 10 minutes at a clip before restarting it

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I got it on VZW about 2 or 3 weeks ago, it was a large update but did little. If anything, drained my battery faster

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
According to an article I read last week Samsung is working with the U.S. carriers to push out 5.1 on the N4 (& I think it said the S5 & 6 too). I take that to mean Samsung wants 5.1 pushed out ASAP to those models. What if any effect that will have in how quickly the carriers actually release the update remains to be seen. Apparently Samsung has done their part in optimizing 5.1 so now it's on the carriers to do theirs. My single biggest problem since the Lollipoop update is my speaker phone apparently sounds very garbled when I answer a call using it. 5.1 can't come soon enough for me, AT&T acknowledges a number of Lollipoop related problems and says they're counting on 5.1 to solve them. I sure hope that's the case. BTW, you'll know from your lockscreen when your phone has 5.1 because the upper taskbar area icons will be back.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
According to an article I read last week Samsung is working with the U.S. carriers to push out 5.1 on the N4 (& I think it said the S5 & 6 too). I take that to mean Samsung wants 5.1 pushed out ASAP to those models. What if any effect that will have in how quickly the carriers actually release the update remains to be seen. Apparently Samsung has done their part in optimizing 5.1 so now it's on the carriers to do theirs. My single biggest problem since the Lollipoop update is my speaker phone apparently sounds very garbled when I answer a call using it. 5.1 can't come soon enough for me, AT&T acknowledges a number of Lollipoop related problems and says they're counting on 5.1 to solve them. I sure hope that's the case. BTW, you'll know from your lockscreen when your phone has 5.1 because the upper taskbar area icons will be back.
AT&T is all go for a fix but not until they make sure it won't affect the bloaty bloatware.

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
download the kies 3, did the back up for everything i have and tried upgrade the FM and there is a windows: model name: do not support initializing

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
some pics.

20150726_213741_zpsdffyo3jp.jpg

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Downloading it now. I know the Verizon ones got an enhancement that made the fingerprint scanner work with Exchange. I don't see any mention of it in the AT&T changelog above, and I don't know if MobileIron would support it anyway, but here's hoping.

Download servers are running at about the speed of a good 28.8K modem hookup. Good thing I don't have any meetings I need to attend for another hour... LOL

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
For those who took the plunge and upgraded, has it resolved the freezing and the FB crashes? I know it's a security update but as the new OS optimises apps, I was hoping that those issues would be resolved.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤