Note 4 on lollipop - How is it working?

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 on lollipop

Lets just say aside from the visual upgrades and minor feature upgrades...lollipop was a minor step back in overall performance of the phone. Kitkat worked pretty well

Posted via the Android Central App

Good to know. Really apprehensive about lollipop with how well things are on kitkat and rooted. I wonder if there are any features that rooted kitkat won't give you?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 on lollipop

Wow didn't realize that. What's wrong with the nexus 6?

For one, it's a bigger than average phone, which will be harder to use than others, from what I've seen, the performance isn't that great, nor is the battery life or camera.

Posted via Android Central App

cruz allen

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Update! !

So looks like theres a bug in the power setitngs. Apparently the power saving mode sometimes leaves the cpu performance reduction on even though it's box is unchecked. Therefore reducing performance. After turning on PS mode and checking and unchecking cpu reduce the snappieness returns to normal and benchmarks return to almost kitkat levels. Prior to lollipop my exynos note 4 benched antutu at 51k consistently. Post lollipop it averages 48-49k and sufferes from thermal throttling much more so than kit kat.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hold out for the s6 edge, that's my 2 cents. On another note, try yahoo aviate launcher, it's pretty and different imo.

Sent from my glorious note 4.