• Start date
A

Android Central Question

Note 4 won't play assigned ringtones,

I have tried restarting her
I have tried taking out her battery
I have even done the *228 on her

Yesterday she was fine, today my husband calls
me 9 times and I don't pick up because his ringtone never went off.
it played my default ringtone. I didn't know it was him, until I went and
looked at my phone.

I have tried giving him a basic ringtone and its still going back to my default when he calls me.
But before you start in, its doing it to everyone. my mother my brothers my kids everyone.

It is not playing any on my assigned ringtones.

Any advice would me nice thank you.

JoAnna Marie

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
the stock default is working, but only the default ringer. if presay i put you in my phone and gave you a stock guitar ringtone it will still play my defaulted ringtone it will not play the ringtone i have assigned to you. I did join, also the ringtones are on the phone not a SD card that i am using.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and just to be sure -- you're going to the Contacts app, selecting the contact then tapping the menu button and the Assign Ringtone feature there?

JoAnna Marie

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I did B.Diddy and it still didn't work. so i tried something else. i went in and turned all the HD calling and video calling off on my phone and its now 100% working. is that normal for that stuff to shut ringtones off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was your husband calling directly from his phone number, or was he using some other calling platform (like Google Voice, or WhatsApp)? Or possibly from some business number?