Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This says you are using an average of 6.6% of battery an hour, which is good.

You also are averaging 4 hours screen time with 21 hours on battery. You could get more screen time than 4 hours with 21 hours on battery.

What am I missing?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
This says you are using an average of 6.6% of battery an hour, which is good.

You also are averaging 4 hours screen time with 21 hours on battery. You could get more screen time than 4 hours with 21 hours on battery.

What am I missing?

Ok, just didn't seem so hot compared.

I know what to it says but just doesn't seem I could get that much screen time. 4 hrs.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just didn't seem so hot compared.

I know what to it says but just doesn't seem I could get that much screen time. 4 hrs.

Well one day when you are where you can recharge when necessary, push it and see how far you can go. Don't keep checking stats during that time, just use it and see where you end up.

Also remember different things use battery differently. Things like navigation use a lot of battery.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Then you must have some type of app thats struggling and eating your battery, i have no issues at all on my AT&T Note 5 i get 6, 7 SOT with over 17 hrs without charging.

This kind of comment is perplexing to me. I leave GPS off. I don't use BT at all. Leave wifi to only be on when screen is on.

I use Gmail often. Make 2 hours of calls on average daily. Screen brightness is set to auto. I don't sync really any accounts accept Gmail and some Google stuff. I use FB often but no notifications.

I don't listen to music ever. I read stuff in this app itself and some on Twitter.

And my TOP SOT has been 3.5-4.5 hours and I get about 12 hours of battery with all of that.

I have 4 Co workers who have same phone and get between 10-12 hours with 3 or 4 hours of SOT.

My son has same phone. We've tweaked battery options for him. He's a bigger user of games and social media than I am.

He gets 8-10 hours with SOT of 5-6 hours.

All these ridiculous stats leads me to believe that people just don't use it as a phone but rather a media only device.

When I use my nice Surface Book for movies when flying across country and can watch 2 full movies in HD and still have 55-60% battery. But if I use it for Office tasks or answering email I'll get half that amount.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This kind of comment is perplexing to me. I leave GPS off. I don't use BT at all. Leave wifi to only be on when screen is on.

I use Gmail often. Make 2 hours of calls on average daily. Screen brightness is set to auto. I don't sync really any accounts accept Gmail and some Google stuff. I use FB often but no notifications.

I don't listen to music ever. I read stuff in this app itself and some on Twitter.

And my TOP SOT has been 3.5-4.5 hours and I get about 12 hours of battery with all of that.

I have 4 Co workers who have same phone and get between 10-12 hours with 3 or 4 hours of SOT.

My son has same phone. We've tweaked battery options for him. He's a bigger user of games and social media than I am.

All these ridiculous stats leads me to believe that people just don't use it as a phone but rather a media only device.

When I use my nice Surface Book for movies when flying across country and can watch 2 full movies in HD and still have 55-60% battery. But if I use it for Office tasks or answering email I'll get half that amount.

I am on gplus 24.7 and i do texting all day mate, and once in a while see videos on YouTube, plus 24.7 on Tapatalk and no battery issues on my AT&T Note 5, i was just telling you there might be and app or something draining your battery, if i offended you i do apologize.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Well not true. I use mine as basically a phone and computer. I don't have a home phone or an office phone at my home office and I'm rarely in my regular office. I even use my phone more than my computer.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Also streaming video will use more battery.

I leave GPS on, rarely use wifi but used rk never turn it off, would have to set to turn off automatically when the phone was sleeping. I have high accuracy on location. I have two weather apps that poll every 60 minutes. I have Facebook and use it a lot, Twitter also, I don't listen to music on the phone. I use my phone for calls, texts, the Internet, as a Hotspot, social media, email, office documents and spreadsheets, getting news, etc.. A computer basically.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have FDR my note 5 last night. So far it's absolutely great, but in a few hours to days it will go right back where it started without me changing anything.

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
How many of you that use Facebook often use other ways than the "regular" way of using it (Facebook app + Messenger), and instead use only the browser with a shortcut or Facebook with FB Chat Enabler?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't use messenger, I have an app that allows me to get my messages I'm the Facebook app. I use only the Facebook app and I have to access 4 different Facebook accounts on it.

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't use messenger, I have an app that allows me to get my messages I'm the Facebook app. I use only the Facebook app and I have to access 4 different Facebook accounts on it.

Do you still use Facebook Chat Enabler Reborn (feat. Helper)? I think it was you that linked to that before. I read through all the posts in this thread a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia