Note 5 Battery life thread

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
When did the issue start for you? AT&T isn't doing the monthly Google security updates?

What we might do is let you run it normally for one charge and them run it in safe mode for one charge and compare both stats.
No, AT&T is the slowest carrier on earth with updates. They were the last major carrier for their s5 to get lollipop.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I know, I was with AT&T until this past summer. I figured they would be doing the security updates though.
I checked the update history on their site. Latest one for the note 5 was September 28th.
Update summary*********

Effective September 28, 2015, AT&T will release a software update for the Samsung Galaxy*Note 5*(N920A). This update will be made available to customers via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA).*A Wi-Fi connection is required for the update.

Software update includes

Support for additional Gear VR featuresSupport for Android for Work (AfW)Enhanced support for the Samsung keyboard accessoryUpdated Samsung Knox to version 2.5.1Other general fixes

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad. For 5 lines with 10 gb of data each and including payments for 5 new phones, our bill is less than it was at AT&T for 5 lines (2 were dumb phones) and 15 gb of shared data and no payments for phones on the bill. TMO even has unlimited data right now, 4 lines for $180..$45 a line. Their phones are also cheaper than AT&T and a lot less bloat.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We got 4 lines for $120 and the 5th line is $20, so 5 lines with true rollover data, 10 gb each line, no sharing, for $140.

The price and the irritation.. It was just a no brainer to go back to TMO.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Keep checking the TMO coverage though in your area, they are always expanding. Also if you have good TMO coverage in your area but just not at your house they have free LTE boosters and mini cell towers that will give you full coverage, data and cell service, in your house.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
They show my area as a "fair" sigma, with selected devices. I would use wifi calling but my internet is an unlimited att hotspot bc there's no cable or U-verse out here .

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
It's an old grandfathered plan totally separate from my post paid phones account. It's an old prepaid iPad unlimited plan. Used 400GB one month, but that's beside the point.

tan_pg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody help me out here? Went to bed at around 79-75% battery. Turned on ultra power saving mode too, and when i woke up, i was down to 50% after around 5hrs? Thats never happened to me before. Android system and android os popped up and seems to be draining my battery. What's happening?

Attachments

• 4849.jpg
    4849.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred