Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Aggravated with iOS /Android back and forth

Day started off bad. Said good morning to the wife at 7am from work. Her reply "Hate when your texts are green *****". Got better through the day and she didn't talk about it again. Had a blast on the first full day with the Note in a while. Was a pleasure to use other then I had to charge up at 3pm. Lots of usage today for sure.

You probably have the app optimization that international phones got and TMO got the other day. I called Samsung and got some info on how it works, did a thread, if you are interested. It doesn't work like I expected it to..

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

You probably have the app optimization that international phones got and TMO got the other day. I called Samsung and got some info on how it works, did a thread, if you are interested. It doesn't work like I expected it to..

Nope. In Canada we don't get many updates. Same firmware since Sept 1st on this phone.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Day started off bad. Said good morning to the wife at 7am from work. Her reply "Hate when your texts are green *****". Got better through the day and she didn't talk about it again. Had a blast on the first full day with the Note in a while. Was a pleasure to use other then I had to charge up at 3pm. Lots of usage today for sure.

Easy solution if she doesn't like the green bubbles, tell her to change the color by going into the settings and......ohhhh wait.... Never mind....

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Maybe a Gear S2?

Posted via the Android Central App

Well, I got the Huawei Watch just 4 weeks ago because I asked if Tizen still doesn't manage the notifications as in Android Wear (removing them in phone and watch) and after a couple of days waiting for an answer the only person that answered told me that it was just like before, just delete them on the watch, so I went with the Huawei, then just 1 week after that Android Central posted a review of the S2 and the first thing they mentioned was about how it now deletes notification in both.

So, I decided to look for a regular S2 (No sense on having 2 "classic" looking smart watches) to have a sporty and casual one, long story short since I got the S2 I didn't even turn the Huawei Watch on again, just sold it this Monday. With the profit of it I bought an S2 Classic and just received it today and man, this watch with Mr. Time Maker app and a classic and elegant watch face like the one I'm using (Tag Heuer), simply best and more gorgeous Smartwatches on the market, the UI with the Rotating bezel is just genius.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Well, I got the Huawei Watch just 4 weeks ago because I asked if Tizen still doesn't manage the notifications as in Android wear (removing them in phone and watch) and after a couple of days waiting for answer the only person that answered told me that it was just like before, just delete them on the watch, so I went with the Huawei, then just 1 week after that Android Central posted a review of the S2 and the first thing they mentioned was about how it now deletes notification in both.

So, I decided to look for a regular S2 (No sense on having 2 "classical" look smart watches) to have a sporty and casual one, long story short since I got the S2 I didn't even turn the Huawei Watch on again, just sold it this Monday. With the profit of it I bought an S2 Classic and just received it today and man, this watch with Mr. Time Maker app and a classic and elegant watch face like the one I'm using (Tag Heuser), simply best and more gorgeous Smartwatches on the market, the UI with the Rotating bezel is just genius.

That's awesome to hear.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

How do you like it?

So far i like it a lot. Butter smooth....fluid....no complaints. I wanted the gold but I felt I would eventually get tired of it at some point so I got the black one. That V10 did catch my eye though lol...I must admit.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

So far i like it a lot. Butter smooth....fluid....no complaints. I wanted the gold but I felt I would eventually get tired of it at some point so I got the black one. That V10 did catch my eye though lol...I must admit.

The V10 looks interesting. But I think you made the right choice.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

That's my problem. I do too. And it just isn't the money I waste which is substantial. It's the time I waste getting myself set up with a different platform. The aggravation of changing over everything so it works well. My friends think I'm crazy with this phone stuff.

I have to say thank you like truly, i have the same problem you do i have an ipad mini 4, galaxy s6, iphone 6s, and nexus 5x.....

i have the same problem i have been using an iphone since the 3g and have kept playing with android devices since the mytouch3g, i love both i love the flexibility of android and my options but i love the app quality and tbh the curation of the app store in finding good quality apps, also the apple care on my devices and apples customer service really does mean alot. I own a nexus player, and 2 chromecasts, and 2 apple tvs. My wife does not understand why i want to just pick one ecosystem and stay with it, i like to buy apps, movies, and tv shows, i want all of my content on one platform i don't want to keep being multi platform. I love and heavily use google services.

So while i cannot help you with your decision because i am stuck myself i am happy to see im not alone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I have to say thank you like truly, i have the same problem you do i have an ipad mini 4, galaxy s6, iphone 6s, and nexus 5x.....

i have the same problem i have been using an iphone since the 3g and have kept playing with android devices since the mytouch3g, i love both i love the flexibility of android and my options but i love the app quality and tbh the curation of the app store in finding good quality apps, also the apple care on my devices and apples customer service really does mean alot. I own a nexus player, and 2 chromecasts, and 2 apple tvs. My wife does not understand why i want to just pick one ecosystem and stay with it, i like to buy apps, movies, and tv shows, i want all of my content on one platform i don't want to keep being multi platform. I love and heavily use google services.

So while i cannot help you with your decision because i am stuck myself i am happy to see im not alone.

It seems like there are a lot of us. Part of my problem was that I wouldn't stick with a platform long enough to be fully engrossed in it and to really appreciate it. So I really wanted to just choose something I liked and really give it a chance. That's what I'm doing now. Went all-in with the Note 5 and I'm going to stick with it for a whole year. If everything goes well, I will be getting the Note 6. If not, at least I gave it my full effort. And I would have saved a lot of time and money in the process. The last time I kept a smartphone for a year was the HTC Tilt. that was back in 2007. Since, I haven't had a device longer than 5 months. I have had over 40 smartphones in 8 years. That's a problem. And when I consider the money wasted in accessories, restocking fees, early termination fees, taking losses on sales, and upgrade fees I cringe. When I think about the time lost researching new phones, going back and forth to the store for returns, and trying to setup and learn new devices I also cringe and find myself disappointed. That's why this is so important for me to get a handle on. I literally used to get into arguments with my now ex-wife about this stuff. Friends and co-workers would tease me about it. It was bad. I had to end this cycle at some point. And that point was now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Peer Pressure Central. Would you like us to talk you into buying a Note 5 also? lol

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Onto the second full day with the Note. Love the phone. Everything about it is great. Except one thing. The battery is brutal. I was definitely spoiled with the 6S Plus for sure. Yesterday took off charge at 6am or so. Had 30% left around 3pm I think. Left off charge overnight. Had to top up again at 7am this morning. Looks like I'm gonna easily charge twice a day. Same usage patterns as my iPhone and I would charge once every 24hrs or even longer.

Hopefully the battery is just settling in more with indexing. Took off charge like 30 min ago with 17 min screen and 95% left.

I do use my phone a lot. I run two business and have 2 separate emails syncing. I am constantly on the phone. I also have a Samsung Fast charger for the car. At least that will help.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Onto the second full day with the Note. Love the phone. Everything about it is great. Except one thing. The battery is brutal. I was definitely spoiled with the 6S Plus for sure. Yesterday took off charge at 6am or so. Had 30% left around 3pm I think. Left off charge overnight. Had to top up again at 7am this morning. Looks like I'm gonna easily charge twice a day. Same usage patterns as my iPhone and I would charge once every 24hrs or even longer.

Hopefully the battery is just settling in more with indexing. Took off charge like 30 min ago with 17 min screen and 95% left.

I do use my phone a lot. I run two business and have 2 separate emails syncing. I am constantly on the phone. I also have a Samsung Fast charger for the car. At least that will help.

Your battery will never be as good as the iPhone 6S Plus.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Your battery will never be as good as the iPhone 6S Plus.

Yeah I know that for sure. Obviously android has a lot more going on in the background. At least it has Fast Charge and can top up in no time. After have the Note 5 for 1 month and then the 6S Plus for 1 month and back to the Note now I can really see the Note 5 totally mops the floor with the iPhone. Pretty much no comparison. Been really enjoying it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It will settle in. This is what I've been getting.

Attachments

• 1446819931574.jpg
    1446819931574.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 1446819952011.jpg
    1446819952011.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 37

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

In my experience, with a Samsung, you will suddenly notice you are getting great battery life, it just kicks in.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

In my experience, with a Samsung, you will suddenly notice you are getting great battery life, it just kicks in.

Yeah I kinda remember when I had the Note 5 the other month and the battery got much better after 4-5 days.

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm getting irritated with myself because I keep switching back and forth between the two platforms. I just want to make a decision already and stick with it. Had the iPhone 6S on launch weekend. Nothing wrong with it. Really enjoyed it actually. And it complemented my iPad Air 2 perfectly. But yesterday was day 13 of my 14 day return window and I panicked. Went out and exchanged it for the Note 5. Bought a case, screen protector, and wireless charger. So, I'm all in. Haven't touched my beloved iPad since. Now here is the problem. When I use the note, I don't want to use any complementary devices. After a while, I miss my iPad and I want to switch back, but I need the iPhone to go with it. I have been doing this for years. And it's making me feel quite ridiculous. But I can't choose. And I don't know why.
I too was an apple fanboy. I just loved the simplicity of being able to sync between all my devices. The only issue was not being able to do what I wanted to do with my device without having to jailbreak it. I'm a app developer of both and I found that Android gave me more freedom to control a device that I paid so much money for. So in short I'll stick with my Note 5 and sync with Google drive across devices.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I too was an apple fanboy. I just loved the simplicity of being able to sync between all my devices. The only issue was not being able to do what I wanted to do with my device without having to jailbreak it. I'm a app developer of both and I found that Android gave me more freedom to control a device that I paid so much money for. So in short I'll stick with my Note 5 and sync with Google drive across devices.

Seems like a lot of people share your same reasons. I was really never into tweaking my device. That's why the iPhone never bothered me. It being "locked down" isn't an issue. I just think that the Note 5 is a superior smartphone. And I must be completely falling in love with this device because when I think about other devices like the iPhone or the new Nexus, I'm having a hard time understanding the draw. But that's just me :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick