Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint. Things seemed ok at first. But when this whole situation happened with the Note 7 things went downhill. I went to Sprint that day when the announcement was made in Korea with the recall. They were suppose to lend out phones for people to use in the meantime while we wait for the replacements. They said No and that I could either keep using the Note 7 till the replacements come or get a different phone. I argued with them saying that Samsung specifically said that carriers were to lend out phones. So I kept using mine. Then this past weekend on Saturday I went to bring the phone in and to just wait till the replacements come in. They said that I couldn't just bring it in unless I do a exchange for a different phone or just turn the Note 7 off and keep it in the box and wait till the replacements come. I'm like WTF... Then two reps said that they have the new stock of the phones but corp said they can't do the exchanges till Monday 19th. And that part of the stock will be divided so they could sell some. WHAT!? Number one they aren't suppose to start selling the phones till next month and that the phones are suppose to go to the first adopters that had the phone previously... Sunday I find out that other Sprint stores were doing the exchanges and people were getting the phones. Yet my store refused to do anything till Monday. The whole thing is nuts. Plus the online site has them up for sell and that people can even reserve one. WTF... Again they are not suppose to sell them. At least till people can do the exchanges first. Sprint is setting themselves up for lawsuits from Samsung and customers. Big time... Yes I was able to get a replacement. I had gotten the last blue one. Not sure about the other colors. But trying to get it was a hassle especially since I was suppose to get it when I was there on Saturday when they had them in stock... PS There was no set date to start doing the exchanges for the USA only in Korea... And I was charged the $32.00 activation fee which the rep said that it would be credited back next month off the bill...

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My Best Buy got them in yesterday and sent the email out at noon CST. Like the original pre order the blue ones arrived first. There was a 2 - 3 hour wait person to do the exchange. Depending on the carrier it appears AT&T was the easiest. Sprint burned their customers if they had special financing on the original note. The phone was refunded including the screen protector and anything else you bought for it if on your receipt. Your plan was rolled back with your carrier to take the new phone. The new phone was added as an upgrade at the original plan price (except for so Sprint customers) and then the data was transferred. The transfer did not go well for some people. We ended up staying until 9:30 pm. We arrived at 6 pm and were third in line. The AT&T rep worked on our second phone which has not arrive so we should just have to go in and exchange the phone.

The closing manager was asking why everything was taking so long as several customers with emails were turned away. We said the phones were not expected until the 21st. Best Buy stores did not expect them to be released until the 21st so they only scheduled one person for the evening shift. The AT&T rep was working from home. The mobile guy said the phones arrived earlier in the day and the first customer showed up around 5:30 pm. Best Buy did not have any training on how to do a recall and he was not sure about the process. He checked the in store mail system and corporate said to release the phones if people came in with their email. The people who were turned away were not upset but disappointed because most had to reschedule their time next week. Some drove a long way. The old phone was factory reset and placed in a plastic bag for shipment back to Samsung. We were told they just wanted the phone back and nothing else. We got the same AT&T orange box. It was just as long as getting the phone the first time. Best Buy did pay for any snacks the customers wanted which was pretty nice of them. The Samsung rep stayed until our process was started. Overall it was pretty good considering we now know a lot about the people working behind the counter and the reps over the past few weeks.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Like I said last nite.
Because I paid my phone off.
Best Buy wouldn't give me a new phone that I signed up for to replace my Note 7 that I bought on August 18th.
I went to the At&T corporate store and they didn't know what to do.
Gonna have to go threw the Store mgt and corporate.
Got no idea what is gonna happen.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
First with the software last ones to get the phones. That seems about right

That makes me an unhappy Verizon customer to say the least... :mad:

I received the update notification late last night just before going to sleep.

I waited this morning to install it though as I didn't want do the upgrade while I was sleeping.

Last edited:

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
jpprice14, the first guy in the world with the "Green" battery symbols. :D

Thanks again for all the great pics and information yesterday.

How you like the Silver Note 7?
It's gold. I was outside when I took the pic. Lol. Love it. Loved the first one too. It got quite warm though.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hahaha so i slept fine lol lol I noticed though without use it drained battery by 10 percent. Also i felt always on display with a custom pic looks slightly dull than their standard clocks.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they are the same... I thought I remembered being closer to 5 volts before but mine was also 4.32V. It's just the GSAM App showed 100%, that voltage, but GSAM's battery Icon did not show that it was filled up all the way, so I was wondering why, that's all?

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement yesterday afternoon.. nice to be back on a Note 7 again!

I even ran the IMEI through Samsung's checker just to see.

nickwith9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Well i picked up my note seven replacement yesterday afternoon and even got the redhead who help mes number. so i went and get dinner and since i over heard her talking to other guy there about being off at 7 so i went back and low and behold i just got home after a few hrs of fun with her! what a bonus on top of the free gear vr

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I look way more douchey. ;)
Lizardchest (it's a tattoo [just a small one, not like the avatar], not a skin condition) just happens to be a great name for forums. There's never a Lizardchest66485 or Lizardchest0015.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No green battery here. even watched the phone for 2min as it went from 99% to 100% just to see and nope.

Same here...no green battery indicator. On Sprint. Checked for updates too. (none)
I also went to Samsung's IMEI checker...and it said my phone was clear. SO...is this a Sprint thing? No green battery indicator?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe