Note Edge doesn't ring right away

BerrySue

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone for a year and have had trouble for six months with it not ringing right away or never ringing and going to voicemail. I have no idea on my signal strength as I do not realize I've missed a call until long after the fact. However I have tried calling it from another phone while I had a good signal and have had it never ring. I chatted with a Sprint tech who had me reprogram the MDN and MSID which worked but then it started happening again. I have 10GB free on the phone and I have uninstalled any apps I do not need and sent many others to the SD card. I installed Truecaller about two months ago and I've wondered if it could cause this problem... although it happened before the install. I'm considering wiping it altogether and starting from scratch. Any help greatly appreciated.
Susan

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I similarly had that problem until I switched to CDMA. Under Settings, go to More Networks, then Mobile Network, then Network Mode, then under the Preferred Network mode choose CDMA. This takes you out of using 4g signal, but this is the only way I was able to resolve this issue. The Sprint 4g signal for some reason is not picked up by my phone with a strong enough signal to prevent missed calls. If this doesn't solve your issue, then you'll have to try something else???

BerrySue

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I will try that and see if it helps. My phone was set to automatic and has an LTE/CDMA and a CDMA only setting. I'll try the first option and if I still have missed calls I'll try the second option. Fingers crossed.

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up. I tried both LTE/CDMA and Automatic on numerous occasions with no consistent luck. So now I just leave it on CDMA and I have had no further issues. 3G seems fast enough for everything I use... although 4G would be preferred. I downloaded the Speedtest app and confirmed that 3g with CDMA was much faster than the 4g for this phone. Somewhere there is a thread on this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps