Note4 HDMI issues

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried connecting my note 4 to an mhl2.0 micro USB to hdmi cable and it didn't detect it at all. I used the same cable with my note 3 just fine, image mirrored right away on the TV.

Is there something special I need to do to get the note 4 working with hdmi?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I used my Note 4 and the adapter I had for my Note 2 without problem to stream a basketball game lastnight. I can link on Amazon if needed.

LaTuFu are you sure the note 4 has casting support for screens yet? I know this is only enabled on certain phones and didn't think it was out for the N4 yet. Personally I have not had great luck with this especially fast motion video.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, let me caveat this by saying I'm still waiting for approval from my accounting department to conduct actual field testing to verify support. Said another way, my awesome wife said I have to wait until Christmas to see if Chromecast works with my phone.

However, I saw a thread about it in here last week sometime that said Google got it working for the Note 4.

I also checked the Chromecast support page, and the Note 4 is listed as a supported device.

My field research department will hopefully be able to confirm this in a couple of weeks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have used the Samsung mhl and the Samsung smart dock and both worked to mirror image

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys. I thought there was some special mode Note4 needed to be in to get it to work with HDMI, which made no sense :)

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I used my Note 4 and the adapter I had for my Note 2 without problem to stream a basketball game lastnight. I can link on Amazon if needed.

LaTuFu are you sure the note 4 has casting support for screens yet? I know this is only enabled on certain phones and didn't think it was out for the N4 yet. Personally I have not had great luck with this especially fast motion video.

Chromecast has had mirroring support enabled for the N4 for a few weeks now. WORKS GREAT! I can even play games (there is still a slight lag with input)

Erix samsung

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Come cast and screen mirror does not work for playing games via Bluetooth controller. Because you get a latency of .9 to 1 sec delay. I have a note 4 and I use the cable no problem just plug it in and it casts. However my other note 4 don't even know it's plugged in I wanted to know why it works for one note 4 and not the other

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze