Notification icons not showing in status bar

Trunge1983

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
So I have notifications on the lock screen and then I unlock my phone and there is no icons in the status bar indicating I have any notifications. Happening to anyone else? Any help

DrComputer

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this seemed to start with the January update and hasn't been fixed yet. It was also happening on my S10+ and is now happening on my S20+. If you swipe down from the top, the notifications will actually be there but when you just unlock the phone they won't show on the top of the screen. I think this is an Android issue with a recent update and not a Samsung issue.

Trunge1983

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Yes, this seemed to start with the January update and hasn't been fixed yet. It was also happening on my S10+ and is now happening on my S20+. If you swipe down from the top, the notifications will actually be there but when you just unlock the phone they won't show on the top of the screen. I think this is an Android issue with a recent update and not a Samsung issue.

Yes this is exactly what's happening. Good to know it's not just me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Interesting , haven't noticed on my Note 10+

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having this issue, but I have had bonked out issues similar though when I restore from backup, that's why I try to do a fresh clean install whenever I get a new phone

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the notification category for those apps? It's possible that it's set as 'Other' instead of 'Important'.

Maybe the steps will be different in Samsung devices but try this, go to settings - apps & notifications - select one of those apps (Messages in my screenshot) - notifications - tap the 'Incoming messages' text and make sure that 'Important' is selected.
Screenshot_20200311-000625.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hustler23