Notification sounds? Ambient display?

pony182

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey.

Is anyone experiencing some issues with sound notifications? Especially in facebook messenger I can barely hear any sounds when I get the message. My text sound notification seems to be ok and inbox sounds a little lower than texts. Am I the only one? Any place to adjust notification volume? I only see media, alarm and ring volume, in which my media sounds are almost max.

Second question concerns ambient display. I have this feature on, and whenever I pick up my phone, the time usually matches the actual time on the phone, but on several instances (I've had this phone for 2 days only) I would pick up the phone and it would show me let's say 9:25am, I'd tap the screen and time would change to 9:28am. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. Anyone shares same experience?

Thanks for reading.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Add to this thread: My ambient display is on, but the phone won't wake up when I pick it up. It did it a few times when I first got it, and I forgot that it's supposed to work or I'd have asked earlier> Sure hope it doesn't have to go back.......

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I ended up turning ambient display off.. I wish you could set it to just when you get notifications and NOT every time you pick it up or bump it... mine seems super sensitive.. I bump my desk with my knee and it lights up..

pony182

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ambient display has it perks and also some disadvantages, but I still decided to keep it on and see if I like it or is it rather annoying. I too find it to be very sensitive (shaking the coffee table that it's sitting on will make it light up).

@gmermel, did you install any additional software? If you're not worried about loosing your text, try doing factory reset and see if that helps.

That notification sound tho is really getting annoying tho... I keep missing my messages and I have not idea how to fix it.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My hourly chime sometimes is at normal level and other times barely can hear it. Must me a sound bug.

Ian B

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I ended up turning ambient display off.. I wish you could set it to just when you get notifications and NOT every time you pick it up or bump it... mine seems super sensitive.. I bump my desk with my knee and it lights up..

It's funny because that's what I really like about my old Moto X. The Nexus 6 doesn't seem to do it as often.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny because that's what I really like about my old Moto X. The Nexus 6 doesn't seem to do it as often.

Out of long instinct with my nexus 5 & galaxy S3 before it a notification sound has me hitting the power button anyway.. after 3 weeks with my 6 I'm still doing it so I turned it off...

If they updated it with settings just for notification I'd probably turn it back on..

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
@gmermel, did you install any additional software? If you're not worried about loosing your text, try doing factory reset and see if that helps.

Reset got it working again. Re-building phone brought it back. As long as it's software I am not too worried about it...Thanks for the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drloksoft