Notifications- Anyway to get both Sound with Vibrate to Work?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced that both the stock ROM, modified ROM's including ICS don't allow for sound with vibration in notifications. Is there something I need to know in order to make this work?

Thanks,
D

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine. Do you have Vibrate and ring checked in you settings? Also, do you vibrate enabled in the App, like Messaging for example?

4257458c-2b3a-fdeb.jpg

4257458c-2b4e-4e5a.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those shots. I didn't realize I had to set the settings in both the system settings and each individual app.

It's working now. Would be nice to toggle from Sound only, Vibrate only and Sound with Vibrate.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those shots. I didn't realize I had to set the settings in both the system settings and each individual app.

It's working now. Would be nice to toggle from Sound only, Vibrate only and Sound with Vibrate.

Well, using the Messaging App as an example, you can!

Sound only = Uncheck Vibrate
Vibrate Only = Set Ringtone to "Silent"
Sound with Vibrate = Check Vibrate and select a Ringtone

Is this what you meant?

movi3king

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I am running ics and I believe my settings are the same as above yet
I constantly have a problem where my phone will not ring or vibrate when I receive a message. Its rlly annoying...

Also my led does not blink when I receive a message. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am running ics and I believe my settings are the same as above yet
I constantly have a problem where my phone will not ring or vibrate when I receive a message. Its rlly annoying...

Also my led does not blink when I receive a message. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

There is a bug with the ICS ROM where if you end a call, and before the call screen closes on its own, you press the back, home or power buttons, your notification sounds will stop working.

Reboot your phone to get them working again and let the call screen close on its own to avoid the bug again until its fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear