Notifications Delayed or Stopped?

Japro

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
No, I didn't.
I think situation got a little better for me since the last time I was paying major attention to this issue (like 2 months ago), but only for certain applications. E.g. Viber Messenger has started to function properly 2 months ago and still works normally, WhatsApp too, but recently (few days ago) seems like I am getting delayed notifications again, Duo never started to work (but I am not using it anymore) etc. Maybe it has something to do with February and March OS updates together with new version of Google Play Services (was v14.7 2 months ago, now it's v16).

sa a

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
No, I didn't.
I think situation got a little better for me since the last time I was paying major attention to this issue (like 2 months ago), but only for certain applications. E.g. Viber Messenger has started to function properly 2 months ago and still works normally, WhatsApp too, but recently (few days ago) seems like I am getting delayed notifications again, Duo never started to work (but I am not using it anymore) etc. Maybe it has something to do with February and March OS updates together with new version of Google Play Services (was v14.7 2 months ago, now it's v16).

https://www.quora.com/Why-am-I-not-getting-notifications-on-my-Android-when-Im-connected-to-Wi-Fi
Try this and see if it helps?

sa a

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
No, I didn't.

https://www.quora.com/Why-am-I-not-getting-notifications-on-my-Android-when-Im-connected-to-Wi-Fi
Try this and see if it helps? I really do hope it does work or else these Samsung phones are as good as useless

sa a

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
No, I didn't.

I keep trying to attach a link to something that might work but it keeps saying that my post will stay hidden till moderators have seen it?

Minattz917

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact notification issues. Not getting them till hours later, or multiple notifications for the same thing. using an Note8 and just updated to Pie.

Dinozg

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I have brand new S10+ and I thought that delayed notifications are behind me, but it's even worse than it was on S8. I've tried adb devices fix and it worked fine until the first restart. I just did it again but this time it doesn't work.

I saw somewhere that Google is terminating GCM (Google Cloud Management) and transferring it to some other service (I don't know much about this), maybe there is some kind of problem with that service. Anyway, I'm having a problem with these delays since Galaxy S6 model and now I realize that all Android phones have the same problem so I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe they will fix it in the next version of Android who knows :-

I just can't believe that neither Google of phone manufacturers are coping with this problem, not even a word about this problem from their side.

Furiouszagreb

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi, first of all, thank you for all your recommendations.

My problems I think is very specific. Like most of you here I began experiencing delayed notifications since updating to Oreo. I already turned Doze off. At first, I thought my problem was fixed, but sadly I continued to experience delayed notifications.
The difference is that I only experience delayed notifications on Wifi. And like most of you when I leave my phone idle for more than 10 minutes.

When I switch to data, all notifications come normally. Even when left idle for more than 20 minutes.

So you could say is my WIFI right? The thing is all other devices work well with my wifi and spotify on the same phone works without problem for hours after the screen goes off.
Also a skype call works fine after the screen goes off even after a long period. So wifi doesn't disconnect.

Very weird.

So to put it simple, I experience delayed notifications only on wifi, when on data everything works fine. Anyone else with the same problem?

Maybe someone have any idea on what could be the problem. I'm lost, the only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset. I was holding up on that one but I'm gonna have to try it.

I have literally the same problem. When my Huawei Mate 20 Pro is connected to my home WiFi, notifications rarely if ever get on time. Gmail is always late, instagram as well, messanger is always late and whatsapp shows up ONLY when I manually enter it. It appears that after 10mins of locked screen, sync is dead, phone is in some deep sleep and notifications dont show up or show up late. I tried EVERYTHING. And the funny thing is this is happening on my HOME WiFi...

Anyone has a solution?

Furiouszagreb

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem as you mate. Have you found any fix?
I did disable doze via adb on the laptop but that doesn't have seemed to help on snapchat and Instagram

Please see my response above.. "
I have literally the same problem. When my Huawei Mate 20 Pro is connected to my home WiFi, notifications rarely if ever get on time. Gmail is always late, instagram as well, messanger is always late and whatsapp shows up ONLY when I manually enter it. It appears that after 10mins of locked screen, sync is dead, phone is in some deep sleep and notifications dont show up or show up late. I tried EVERYTHING. And the funny thing is this is happening on my HOME WiFi...

Anyone has a solution?"

Have you found a fix maybe?

Btw, gmail is the biggest issue, just a mjn ago, the notification came while the screen was ON (browsing reddit) and when the notification popped in banner, it said "15min ago" LOL? What kind of BS is this? On a flagship phone.

And, as I said, WiFi is WORSE for me. On my cellular data, gmail is also late, but everything else seems okay. On WiFi, everything is sooooo delayed.

Fix?

Bruno5

May 13, 2019
Visit site
I have brand new S10+ and I thought that delayed notifications are behind me, but it's even worse than it was on S8. I've tried adb devices fix and it worked fine until the first restart. I just did it again but this time it doesn't work.

I saw somewhere that Google is terminating GCM (Google Cloud Management) and transferring it to some other service (I don't know much about this), maybe there is some kind of problem with that service. Anyway, I'm having a problem with these delays since Galaxy S6 model and now I realize that all Android phones have the same problem so I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe they will fix it in the next version of Android who knows :-

I just can't believe that neither Google of phone manufacturers are coping with this problem, not even a word about this problem from their side.

I also had an S8 and the solution [adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable] worked well on it. Thank you very much for you all!

Now I have an S10 with the same problem. Did you find a solution for this phone?

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone upgraded to Q and had the problem go away? I'm still on Pie but would move up tomorrow if it fixes this ridiculous issue

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej