Notifications or lack thereof

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
So, this is more me just whining. I've noticed with some of my friends who use Google Home for example to get notifications from their cameras and doorbells that they get more information on their Apple watch then I do on my Google Pixel watch. For example, when there is a notification due to movement picked up by one of the cameras on an Apple watch, you actually get an image of what was seen, where on my Pixel watch all you get is a text notification. What's up with that? Not sure exactly which group within Google I would need to reach out to and ask them why more information is provided for Apple products than their own Google products.

Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it has to do with Google scaling back a bit with what the watch shows in Wear OS 3.0, compared with prior versions. One of the complaints about Wear OS 2.0 was that Google tried throw in too much stuff (driven no doubt the Apple Watch), and that led to notification and feature overload, as well as bogging down the performance of the watches (which have significantly less powerful specs than the Apple Watch). With Wear OS 3.0, Google wanted to simplify the interface, closer to how it originally was in 1.0.

What you suggest would be a nice feature, though. I would send feedback both from the settings of both the Google Home app and the Pixel Watch app on your phone.