Now that you have your S4 how do you like it, pros/ cons

jrh4054

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
To confirm, you can't install apps on the SD card. I have another issue. The S4 doesn't support Adobe Flash Player 11. I visit several websites that require it, and that won't work with other flash players. Anyone have any ideas of a fix for this?

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That is a whole lot of DNAs. I know people have been getting replacement after replacement. That makes me wonder about the actual percentage of functional DNAs out there that haven't had any issues. Seems like it would be very low. Considering on how much it cost to built that phone in the first place I wonder who takes the hit, verizon or HTC...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Every HTC device I have owned, I needed multiple replacements which is why I stay away from htc. They seem to have lots of QC issues and between the thunderbolt, droid incredible, they left a bad taste in my mouth and left their customers out to dry, especially when it came to updates. Samsung isn't the best but they seem to try and update all of their devices where HTC seems to as soon as the device is out the door forget it for something else.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
To confirm, you can't install apps on the SD card. I have another issue. The S4 doesn't support Adobe Flash Player 11. I visit several websites that require it, and that won't work with other flash players. Anyone have any ideas of a fix for this?

Which browser are you using? Only certain browsers support flash after ICS since adobe went away from supporting it.

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely love my new GS4. I had the Note 2 prior to this. Don't get me wrong the Note 2 is a beast and performs like a champ. But it was just too big for me. The size of the GS4 is perfect. Pains me to do it but I'm going to be selling my Note 2.

So you miss the additional functions of the Note? The s-pen etc... Can you tell the difference in the screen qualities? The GS4 is said to have a really good screen...

Live long and prosper....

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Speculation tells me Verizon wants you to use mobile data. They make it more of a hassle for wifi therefore we rely more on mobile data since most people have only the 2 gig to utilize. And using more mobile data can possibly bring more revenue, especially even if you go over just 1kb they will charge you 10 dollars for the 1gig overage. Bringing in more revenue is good for the business.

Actually with the annoying reminder there all the time and the fact that it can come on even if you're just around an area with wifi, it seems that they want you to use to cut down on network congestion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

larry313

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
anyone else how is everyone liking the new phone? anyone come from a note 2 to this what do you think?

I had the Note 2 and picked up the S4 yesterday. I still have the N2, getting used to the smaller phone size but really trying to get used to the poor battery life (it's been pretty bad for me) also there is a lot of lag. I'm hoping the update att got will be pushed to Verizon S4's soon because I read it fixed a lot of the law issues. Oh and love the screen and the camera is by far the best I've ever used including my iPhone 5

Posted via Android Central App

larry313

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So you miss the additional functions of the Note? The s-pen etc... Can you tell the difference in the screen qualities? The GS4 is said to have a really good screen...

Live long and prosper....

I didn't use my S pen enough to miss it, I have the Note 8.0 for my S pen needs, I love the air view features on the S4

Posted via Android Central App

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Day three on my S4 and I'm still loving it!

Off the top of my head:

PRO - the battery has been quite a surprise. It's not quite Maxx level, but it does the job with ease. And the best part is that the battery recharges quickly! That was one of my favorite things about the iPhone 5. I wanna do some testing but it seems as if the battery recharges just as fast as the iPhone 5 (and it lasts longer). Win!

CON - the stock keyboards (Samsung and Google) kinda made me wanna punch myself in the throat. Had been using the Apple keyboard, mostly, since September and it's probably the user-friendly keyboard I've ever had the pleasure of using. So transitioning to the sh*tty Samsung one was kind of a nightmare - it was really taking any from the overall experience. But (dum dum DUMMM), I remembered that I had purchased the SwiftKey one ages ago and had never used it. So I went back into my app history and redownloaded the program. 100 times better!!

If you're having issues with the stock keyboards, I strongly recommended going out and downloading some alternative ones. It has taken my S4 experience from really good to damn near bliss.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Every HTC device I have owned, I needed multiple replacements which is why I stay away from htc. They seem to have lots of QC issues and between the thunderbolt, droid incredible, they left a bad taste in my mouth and left their customers out to dry, especially when it came to updates. Samsung isn't the best but they seem to try and update all of their devices where HTC seems to as soon as the device is out the door forget it for something else.
I have the Rezound and DNA,and both have worked flawless,it is a good thing as a consumer we do not make are choices on one persons experience,every phone maker makes more then their fair share of duds,Samsung included.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Rezound and DNA,and both have worked flawless,it is a good thing as a consumer we do not make are choices on one persons experience,every phone maker makes more then their fair share of duds,Samsung included.

Well I make my decisions on devices I have owned I am glad you have no issues but HTC is notorious for duds i mean more than any other manufacturer it seems. Not to mention updates take even longer than normal with HTC. I hope the one is a step in the right direction, but if I am getting stuck with a phone for 2 years I sure as heck want one that will last, both hardware and via being updated.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I often wonder how one person could need to get 5 phones replaced,i have 1 DNA and 1 Rezound never been replaced,and my rezound is in it's 18th month,and my DNA 6th month

I am puzzled myself and I am the one with the 5 phones. #1 the backing flaked off, # 2 had the sim issue, locked up and bricked, #3 was non stop sim issue then PUK issue and then overheated and bricked, # 4 the wireless charging didn't work from the first day I got it so it was an immediate return, # 5, I don't know how it will do because I sold it and got the Galaxy S4. I had more DNA's replaced than all my phone combined since I had a bag phone.

.jpg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I adore this phone, but it's as sturdy as a saltine cracker.

I was informed that I have the dubious honor of being the first Asurion claimant from Verizon with a screen that broke from a 12" fall onto gravel. Just hours after picking it up at the store on Thursday. I ordered a case elsewhere and didn't realize I was playing with fire by not bringing it with me to the store.

I come from the og Evo and Evo 3D which were comparatively built like tanks. In 4 years of smart phone ownership, this is my first damage claim.

I'm not bashing this little gem, but please don't leave the house without a decent case on it :)

Swyped from my rooted GS4

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I was informed that I have the dubious honor of being the first Asurion claimant from Verizon with a screen that broke from a 12" fall onto gravel. Just hours after picking it up at the store on Thursday. I ordered a case elsewhere and didn't realize I was playing with fire by not bringing it with me to the store.

I come from the og Evo and Evo 3D which were comparatively built like tanks. In 4 years of smart phone ownership, this is my first damage claim.

I'm not bashing this little gem, but please don't leave the house without a decent case on it :)

Lol one reason I got the otterbox commuter case the next day after getting the phone. Was going to order through amazon but it was going to take at least a week before being shipped. I wasnt going to risk having my phone naked for a week and a half.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Or keep it firmly in your beaters.....

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Day three on my S4 and I'm still loving it!

Off the top of my head:

PRO - the battery has been quite a surprise. It's not quite Maxx level, but it does the job with ease. And the best part is that the battery recharges quickly! That was one of my favorite things about the iPhone 5. I wanna do some testing but it seems as if the battery recharges just as fast as the iPhone 5 (and it lasts longer). Win!

CON - the stock keyboards (Samsung and Google) kinda made me wanna punch myself in the throat. Had been using the Apple keyboard, mostly, since September and it's probably the user-friendly keyboard I've ever had the pleasure of using. So transitioning to the sh*tty Samsung one was kind of a nightmare - it was really taking any from the overall experience. But (dum dum DUMMM), I remembered that I had purchased the SwiftKey one ages ago and had never used it. So I went back into my app history and redownloaded the program. 100 times better!!

If you're having issues with the stock keyboards, I strongly recommended going out and downloading some alternative ones. It has taken my S4 experience from really good to damn near bliss.
Swype is good, but SwiftKey seems to be able to read minds!!

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Thunderbolt, the Rezound, and now the S4. And I can't imagine using either of the HTC phones ever again. I also have the Note 8.0, and the super is nice if you have a need for it, but I couldn't imagine carrying around a 5.5" device and actually putting it up to my head and talking on it. Just my opinion of course.

SwiftKey did indeed, perfect this phone for me. And I'm running the Nova Launcher just to eliminate the notification bar and to organize the app drawer more effectively.

Only gripe I've encountered on my end is trying to get used to using the home key to back out of the text message screen. When I use the back arrow, I create a draft message by hitting the period key. And if I don't exit out of the text screen, or lock the phone, before putting it into my pocket, I almost always inadvertently call whoever I was texting. Just gotta develop better habits on proper use I suppose. Fantastic phone all in all though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well guys and gals I ended up returning mine and went back to my iPhone 5. Mine lagged not bad but enough to bother me and the keyboard was horrible IMO. Swiftly was outstanding though. I did love the camera on the S4 and many other features but in the end I just couldn't keep it.

The biggest issue for me was having a 16gb phone with a 64gb sd card did not work for me. I need at least 32gb.

I'm hoping Verizon gets the Google Edition and I will get that if it comes in a 32gb Version. The overall package the S4 presents is excellent just a couple things I didn't like at this moment.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Well guys and gals I ended up returning mine and went back to my iPhone 5. Mine lagged not bad but enough to bother me and the keyboard was horrible IMO. Swiftly was outstanding though. I did love the camera on the S4 and many other features but in the end I just couldn't keep it.

The biggest issue for me was having a 16gb phone with a 64gb sd card did not work for me. I need at least 32gb.

I'm hoping Verizon gets the Google Edition and I will get that if it comes in a 32gb Version. The overall package the S4 presents is excellent just a couple things I didn't like at this moment.

Keyboard was horrible but SwiftKey was awesome? 16 + 64 doesn't work for you but you will buy a 32gb? No iPhone has over 64gb....

I don't understand your post.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2