[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

masterlange

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
hey I downloaded the Full stock version and it is working great except i noticed i am having a problem receiving/sending some picture and video messages. Any ideas?

toydriver00

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a long time lingerer and I am going to be attempting to put EB01 on my Fascinate this afternoon. I just had a quick and possibly stupid newb question. What exactly does copying update.zip to the SD card do? The directions don't say to do anything with the file other than to copy it over to SD.

Thanks

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
can i then delete the update.zip?

i am in the same boat as you are Dizzy, but i read somewhere that we no longer needed to have the update Zip on our ph.. but everytime i go to clockwork and am finished it shows up.. but once i clicked it and it spit out some kind of error msg.. so i leave it setting there,,it doesnt use much space but i personally thnk we could delete it ..but then again maybe ClockWork needs to see a Update.zip even though its unused..
shoot i might just delete the thing and see what happens ,,my fear is that somehow i might brick the phone.. so i leave it..

besides the menu button will take you to "reboot Now" so i just reboot...

wasnt much help but at least you know thee are more who want the answer besides you and i

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i am in the same boat as you are Dizzy, but i read somewhere that we no longer needed to have the update Zip on our ph.. but everytime i go to clockwork and am finished it shows up.. but once i clicked it and it spit out some kind of error msg.. so i leave it setting there,,it doesnt use much space but i personally thnk we could delete it ..but then again maybe ClockWork needs to see a Update.zip even though its unused..
shoot i might just delete the thing and see what happens ,,my fear is that somehow i might brick the phone.. so i leave it..

besides the menu button will take you to "reboot Now" so i just reboot...

wasnt much help but at least you know thee are more who want the answer besides you and i

I am a long time lingerer and I am going to be attempting to put EB01 on my Fascinate this afternoon. I just had a quick and possibly stupid newb question. What exactly does copying update.zip to the SD card do? The directions don't say to do anything with the file other than to copy it over to SD.

Thanks

update.zip is to enter clockwork, if you dont need clockwork just delete,, if you want clockwork and dont want to bother with update.zip (which i suggest) you can flash CWM ALL , in this thread it will tell you how to install CWM all and while you are there you can read up on clockwork

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

Reactions: toydriver00

seungkorps

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Noob question.

This version-Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection,

since it has CVM preinstalled you cant use clockworkmod recovery (or flash recovery) I wanted a way to backup/restore my ROM, but with this version on the recovery menu theres only wiping cache and data and rebooting.

Can i still download ROM manager and use the flash Clockworkmod recovery? ((Although in the post, it says its not compatible with flashing the CVM recovery)

if anyone can clarify, i would greatly appreciate it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Noob question.

This version-Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection,

since it has CVM preinstalled you cant use clockworkmod recovery (or flash recovery) I wanted a way to backup/restore my ROM, but with this version on the recovery menu theres only wiping cache and data and rebooting.

Can i still download ROM manager and use the flash Clockworkmod recovery? ((Although in the post, it says its not compatible with flashing the CVM recovery)

if anyone can clarify, i would greatly appreciate it.

hi seungkorps
please read the FAQ section and installing CWM here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick