[ODIN] Official Froyo ED01 packaged custom ROMs w/Root - Updated 06/12/11

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will have to look at the practical applications of heimdal & see how it compares to odin

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are always going to get better results on a desktop. ODIN is very touchy

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have seen heimdall used when ODIN failed. I will talk with more knowledgeable people (DroidXcon) to learn more about heimdall

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen heimdall used when ODIN failed. I will talk with more knowledgeable people (DroidXcon) to learn more about heimdall

Sounds good Shark, hopefully it can be an alternative to Odin.. It's always nice to have choices. I read the links posted earlier about Heimdall, seems practical from first looks.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
my wife's phone is stock..I continued to check her phone for the OTA 2.2. Since it was announce and I have continually got SERVER NOT AVAILABLE....

Today my patience ran out and I decided to take her from DL09 stock to ED01 via the data wipe package on OP of this thread..

Followed all the steps..and when I put the battery in and turned on phone (after flashing CWM 3-30) it booted directly to CWR...

I thought that was funny..and rebooted the phone from clockwork.

Phone booted properly but I noticed that some of the apps that were on the phone were still there..I didn't feel that a full data wipe took place..

After the first reboot from *228 option 1. I got FC's for vlingo (I had installed after first reboot) .. Then nothing seemed to work correctly..

I later got a single vibrate followed by a double vibrate during the boot process..and a message would appear briefly saying something to the effect google.framework..error..it would appear quickly and disappear before I could read or write it down.. never asked me to FC it or anything. If I had moved icons or widgets, they would re-appear after a reboot just as if they had never been touched.

It appears some have fixed issues such as this by checking the mount data in cwm and fixing permissions.. (exact steps are more detailed) and in one case flashing a voodoo kernel..

Do you think this was a bad download (it was only 155mb I believe) or did I miss a step somewhere, or do you think her phone is defective..

I will add that her phone PRIOR to all this was auto-rotating on DL09 even with LP un-installed.. After getting her back to DL09 (adry ODIN) the auto rotate returned and SERVER once again was UNAVAILABLE..

Thoughts?

anon(82980)

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange thing happened... I flashed ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar.md5 without any problems. The phone came back up properly...seemed to be working fine. I then performed a backup. When the phone rebooted, it never came back up (just sat with SAMSUNG screen). I re-flashed, but have been seeing issues ever since. I'm getting FC's on twlauncher, and also my internal phone storage says there's 0.00GB available.

Anyone see this type of thing before?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Strange thing happened... I flashed ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar.md5 without any problems. The phone came back up properly...seemed to be working fine. I then performed a backup. When the phone rebooted, it never came back up (just sat with SAMSUNG screen). I re-flashed, but have been seeing issues ever since. I'm getting FC's on twlauncher, and also my internal phone storage says there's 0.00GB available.

Anyone see this type of thing before?

Ok I have some questions for you in order to better help you out. First, what build did you flash, the one that wipes data or the one that doesn't? Second, What build were you running previous to flashing? And what did you use to do a backup?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have some questions for you in order to better help you out. First, what build did you flash, the one that wipes data or the one that doesn't? Second, What build were you running previous to flashing? And what did you use to do a backup?

And were you running voodoo at any point

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

anon(82980)

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I flashed the package contained in the ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar.md5 file from the first post #1 of this thread (didn't wipe any data), and I was running the stock OTA 2.2 that VZW recently pushed out via OTA. (This is actually my first time putting on a different ROM.)

I used Clockwork to backup, and unfortunately I cannot confirm what version it was because it is no longer on my phone. :(

And were you running voodoo at any point

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not before flashing to ED01DB_DOx_SHARK...

As long as I can get back to stock, I'll be OK to try this all again. I'm guessing that to perform a proper backup, I should have gone into recovery mode?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Voodoo Lagfix enabled from stock?

my wife's phone is stock..I continued to check her phone for the OTA 2.2. Since it was announce and I have continually got SERVER NOT AVAILABLE....

Today my patience ran out and I decided to take her from DL09 stock to ED01 via the data wipe package on OP of this thread..

Followed all the steps..and when I put the battery in and turned on phone (after flashing CWM 3-30) it booted directly to CWR...

I thought that was funny..and rebooted the phone from clockwork.

Phone booted properly but I noticed that some of the apps that were on the phone were still there..I didn't feel that a full data wipe took place..

After the first reboot from *228 option 1. I got FC's for vlingo (I had installed after first reboot) .. Then nothing seemed to work correctly..

I later got a single vibrate followed by a double vibrate during the boot process..and a message would appear briefly saying something to the effect google.framework..error..it would appear quickly and disappear before I could read or write it down.. never asked me to FC it or anything. If I had moved icons or widgets, they would re-appear after a reboot just as if they had never been touched.

It appears some have fixed issues such as this by checking the mount data in cwm and fixing permissions.. (exact steps are more detailed) and in one case flashing a voodoo kernel..

Do you think this was a bad download (it was only 155mb I believe) or did I miss a step somewhere, or do you think her phone is defective..

I will add that her phone PRIOR to all this was auto-rotating on DL09 even with LP un-installed.. After getting her back to DL09 (adry ODIN) the auto rotate returned and SERVER once again was UNAVAILABLE..

Thoughts?

Alright fella's so..this has been killing me..

Took my wife's phone back to DI01 this morning..update still wouldn't work..

Redownloaded the DATA WIPE Odin package on the OP of this thread..

Flashed the .tar and CWM fix all

Rebooted...it once again booted straight to recovery...

I checked Voodoo and LAGFIX was enabled!! I don't know how it got enabled as she has never been rooted and what I've done to her phone wouldn't have enabled lagfix to my knowledge (you have to manually enable it)

However, this would explain how Pikanate was able to solve his FC issues with a Voodoo Kernel correct?

I also fixed the unmount as directed in page 5 or 6 of this thread and fixed permissions (which was very short)

On first boot--no double vibrate.google.framework error

*228 opt 1 -----no problems

*228 opt 2 ----- double vibrate and framework error returns, . icon/widgets removed from homescreens now re-appear..

Powered down...three button to recovery

The Mounts had switched back to unmount/system (was mount/system prior to booting first time)

Cleared cache's put the mounts back to where they were (mount/system, unmount/data)

Same thing ----google.framework..process..yayayada.. icons back where they were..

Just putting this out there.. the voodoo enabled..is contrary to what I've read in the Op here.. didn't know if that's a bug with the ODIN package or my wife's phone!

Going to try to get her to Comm Romm and see if that works..

:p

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hallelujah!!!

As with most things in life, seems I got her fixed up with a mistake..lol

Before moving her to Comm Romm I tried flashing imnuts stock ED01 package (has stock ED01 ROM and KERNEL)

On first boot same problems exist..

So I was loading the commrom.zip on her sdcard and realized I had the edo1.zip (adry deodexed/debloated) on the root of the sdcard not in any sort of folder....I deleted it from the sdcard..

I then powered down the phone... and tried to reboot to recovery by mistake (soon realized there is no cwm recovery, and the phone booted to recovery and automatically began to format about five things, data, dbdate etc..)

Now the phone works as it should..no more double vibrate..google.framework error..icons I remove stay removed and the format of the homescreens is at is was when I booted down the phone..The phone boots much faster now too..

To test out if it is just the ODIN package or the ed01.zip I had on the sdcard, I reflashed via ODIN the the same DATA wipe package from this OP..seemed to cause the same problems (minus the voodoo problem)

I have followed the same steps with imnuts's package (that sounds funny) and success again..

I am keeping this as it is..I just wanted her to have stock froyo anyway..and now with root access I can grab some icons off her phone!!

Sorry about taking up so much room in the thread I just wanted people to have something for reference and maybe sharkster and DXC can have a look at the ODIN Package that Wipe's data..It more than likely isn't anything wrong with it, it may just be my wife's wonky phone...or the wonky person working on it..

Last edited:

anon(82980)

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Spent some time this morning putting DI01package3 back on (steps provided [url="http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum/fascinate-rs-guides/1646-how-return-stock.html]here[/url] although I simply grabbed the package and used Heimdall to flash).

I then ensured that my phone was working as expected (also checked for OTA updates, and sure enough there was one ready for me).

At this point, I flashed ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar.md5 to my phone. Upon rebooting, I had root and also no FC's with twlauncher. Things are working well once again.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
i just wanted to make sure i put the CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix on root of sd right?

No my friend, that file stays on your computer. There is a .tar file, just like you'll use for the other file, for the CWM..you can find it on the first page of this thread.. or here.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/73979-fix-4-1-11-latest-clockworkmod-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html

You might want to double read the instructions on the OP here..I get smart and think I don't need to sometimes, but often end up wishing I had.. :)

You'll be flashing everything for this post in ODIN..

Last edited:

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
ok so i just flashed the wipe version and i got a force close for almost every app on my phone not a loop just one time is this normal?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so i just flashed the wipe version and i got a force close for almost every app on my phone not a loop just one time is this normal?

What were you coming from? Were you stock ED01 or on Superclean? And if you used the wipe version how did you restore your apps?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i was on superclean and i used titanium backup to back them up but all my apps are still on my phone and some of them still force close

Can you look on your computer and give me the full title of the package you downloaded because the wipe package should have wiped your apps away. If that is not happening I will have to look at the package to see if I did something wrong.

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you look on your computer and give me the full title of the package you downloaded because the wipe package should have wiped your apps away. If that is not happening I will have to look at the package to see if I did something wrong.

i downloaded the ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar extracted and flashed through odin just like the instructions say and im not sure if i was supposed to extract the cwm file and then flash but i just flashed it and didnt extract it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike