Official Droid X Froyo update thread

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
"M" Motorola logo sticks at boot

I didn't root; stock. The update was successful, all but the final reboot where it (like some others, root or not) stuck at the "M" Motorola logo. A 30-second battery pull fixed that. Subsequent power offs resulted in the same stuck "M" Motorola logo at reboot. I loaded it with all my apps and still the power off, stuck at the "M" Motorola logo at reboot occurred. I did a recovery mode, clear cache, still "M" Motorola logo sticks at reboot. (I have to do a 30 second battery pull to fix this each time)...

I did a recovery mode factory reset. Unfortunately at this time, I didn't do a power off to check, but rather I loaded it with all my apps again, powered off, and stuck "M" Motorola logo at reboot.

I've tested it with and without the micro SD card, with the same results.

Just noting my experience.

DannyH

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having problems all day! Lately I tried calling an employer that I hope to get a job for and when I dialed his number it said connected but I never heard a thing. I redialed a dew times and noticed that the 3G symbol disappeared when it connected. After a reboot it worked once, now it stopped again.

robertllacy

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I updated my phone yesterday around 7:30am EST and everything's been pretty smooth. It was freezing up at first, but it was having a problem loading the Motorola date & time widget. I deleted & added it back to my homescreen and it's been smooth ever since. I upgraded from an unrooted stock version of 2.1 by the way. Hopefully all you guys having problems get a fix soon.

Twofingerz

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't pull the update because Iwanted to see what problems everyone had. After watching what all DINCS went through when they got their update it seemed like a good idea. Well while I was asleep it pushed to me. There are new quirks that I do not like but so far I have had no operational problems. Always stock.

fantasma4

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
no real problems.... gmail setting changed and i had to go in and fix it so it would sync... new swype i think needs to re-learn me, i make a lot more typos, and the old layout/color was better... dropbox took a while to update properly but eventually worked.... my build came with flash 10.1 and the new gmail app. google talk is white background, i prefer the old dark background. internet is a lot faster. google talk widget has a bug now that i cannot turn on/off 'do not disturb' until i open and close the app first. strange. wasn't happening before... all else is fine.:cool:

mwm0530

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
What is all the complaining about? I know people are sharing issues. But this is a wonderful update that I did at 6 pm on 9/23 and it has been wonderful. I have not had one issue. Unless I am not using the phone to its capacity. I had a Blackberry for 5 years and got the X a month ago, the difference is amazing. So I applaud the Google people for bringing this to the masses. I just wish Verizon didnt drag it out so long ( the update). Boy, Motorola went from dead to relevant in a hurry.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure I want this update. I have been hitting the update "later" button every 12 hrs. Sooner or later I am going to forget and it eventually will get pushed. I will see how long I can keep this up! I feel like the guy on "lost" who sat at computer and reset the doomsday timer.

Bad Apple

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure I want this update. I have been hitting the update "later" button every 12 hrs. Sooner or later I am going to forget and it eventually will get pushed. I will see how long I can keep this up! I feel like the guy on "lost" who sat at computer and reset the doomsday timer.

lol

G

GenericMessage

Not sure why........

Sometimes I look at this forum on my phone, this is one of those times

Big Percy

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't root; stock. The update was successful, all but the final reboot where it (like some others, root or not) stuck at the "M" Motorola logo. A 30-second battery pull fixed that. Subsequent power offs resulted in the same stuck "M" Motorola logo at reboot. I loaded it with all my apps and still the power off, stuck at the "M" Motorola logo at reboot occurred. I did a recovery mode, clear cache, still "M" Motorola logo sticks at reboot. (I have to do a 30 second battery pull to fix this each time)...

I did a recovery mode factory reset. Unfortunately at this time, I didn't do a power off to check, but rather I loaded it with all my apps again, powered off, and stuck "M" Motorola logo at reboot.

I've tested it with and without the micro SD card, with the same results.

Just noting my experience.

Have there been any updates to this issue? I wonder what programmer/developer messed this up. Always test your code!!!! I am also suffering the no dialtone syndrome.

mikecico

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Had a smooth upgrade; performance is noticeably improved.

I have to say, my experience with the new Flash support is a mixed bag. I like that I have it, but it's clear there's work to do still.

The streaming performance, even over WiFi, is spotty. Also, the user experience varies with the site. The stock (at least I think they're stock) play controls on it are very small, making figure use very tough. Some sites like The Daily Show site add an extra degree of difficulty by making any missed stroke intended for a control launch a popup ad.

I'm not a Flash dev, so I'm not sure if this is something that the Flash player can override, say with a press-and-hold feature to give finger-friendly controls. THey already have some of this with a fullscreen button (and another I can't remember) that appear in this fashion, but it's still not altogether there.

On the positive side, when it is playing, the picture is awesome. And, it behaves well with the pinching motions on the browser, which allows me to zoom the tiny controls so they're more manageable. But I think they need a better story there still.

So, BIG step forward, but some usability refinements remain....

CoryB5467

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Early Adopters

So has anybody figured out how the early adopters of 2.2 can get the update? I was Unsuccessful in Flashing mine back to 2.1 and have been having issues with the leaked Froyo :eek:

stillMAT1K

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel like...

froyo slowed the hell out of my phone...is it just me or what? I think it looks sexy and all but like its just slow...I've restarted my phone 4 times now since i downloaded it, where when i first got my phone I restarted maybe once in like 4 months lol am i alone here or what? :eek: