Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Has everyone received their phones? I ordered on the 30th, got confirmation text message from at&t on the 18th that was shipped but UPS still says "ready for UPS" with no tracking ??????

Nope, still waiting.. Never received a confirmation email nor did I ever receive tracking information. All I know is that I got charged and that my order is "processing". Mind you that's what they told me yesterday when I called, and I ordered on the 29th! lol :-\

bobavader

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine through Sprint. I was surprised to find it on the front porch yesterday evening. I never received a shipping notice and was told it wouldn't be delivered until Friday.
Also ended up having to do a factory reset because the first attempt to activate failed. Sprint was surprisingly helpful.

billyboyblue

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine last night at 10AM, it was on the fedex truck this morning, and en route to be delivered by 10AM tomorrow... i feel bad for the suckers that had to wait weeks. I think the samsung way way way Underperformed in sales, even more so if i was able to grab one the day before launch... at 10Pm... and still have it on launch day lol
Good news is.. first android phone ever, coming from 9 long years with apple :)

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
ordered mine through Samsung, they said delivery by today, my first tracking number said it would be here Saturday, got another updated one that said the 25th!!! 5 days can you believe that crap..if I wanted to wait that long I would have just got it at the store

B Clark

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine through Best Buy at midnight on the pre-order day and just got an email from Best Buy saying my order is delayed up to 30 days. WTH! No more pre-ordering phones for me. I could just walk into Best buy and get one today.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Wow that sucks. My preorder experience with Samsung has been less than stellar but at least they're pulling through and getting folks their phones by today. Still, I think next time I will avoid the drama and just buy in a store on release day.

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous now.

Phone didn't arrive by end of day. Nor did tracking number I was promised.

Call Samsung this morning. Speak to a supervisor.
Tells me my card was authorised on the 6th when I ordered, than cancelled.
Authorised again on the 13th and that expired.
Authorised again the other day and still got this "new" status which nobody can explain.

Supervisor very apologetic but can't work out what is going on. Says she is going to have to escalate this to her higher manager because there have been a number of "crazy orders" which are still in the preorder phase. Blatantly, this hasn't been shipped out.

Anyway, she said she would call me back "hopefully within the hour". Not that I expect anything. But I'll be calling her back in 61 mins if nothing.

So furious about this. I've spent hours on the phone being fed all kinds of crap from different operators who just seem to have no idea what's going on but don't say that.

Threatened to cancel my order and go to T-Mobile as they do next day shipping but want to just make sure Samsung can't fix this now and get it out on a same day ship so I get it today first. Also because if I order T-Mobile and then decide to send it back, I have to cancel the plan and for long, boring reasons I won't go into, that opens up a world of pain.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous now.

Phone didn't arrive by end of day. Nor did tracking number I was promised.

Call Samsung this morning. Speak to a supervisor.
Tells me my card was authorised on the 6th when I ordered, than cancelled.
Authorised again on the 13th and that expired.
Authorised again the other day and still got this "new" status which nobody can explain.

Supervisor very apologetic but can't work out what is going on. Says she is going to have to escalate this to her higher manager because there have been a number of "crazy orders" which are still in the preorder phase. Blatantly, this hasn't been shipped out.

Anyway, she said she would call me back "hopefully within the hour". Not that I expect anything. But I'll be calling her back in 61 mins if nothing.

So furious about this. I've spent hours on the phone being fed all kinds of crap from different operators who just seem to have no idea what's going on but don't say that.

Threatened to cancel my order and go to T-Mobile as they do next day shipping but want to just make sure Samsung can't fix this now and get it out on a same day ship so I get it today first. Also because if I order T-Mobile and then decide to send it back, I have to cancel the plan and for long, boring reasons I won't go into, that opens up a world of pain.

I was in the same boat with the note 7. My order was cancelled FOUR times. To make this worse, everyone I spoke to was clueless.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
when are the phone being released at stores? I am just gonna go get one at the store and when fedex gets here refuse delivery so they send it back

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz