Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
My call back never came. And so I phoned them back, waited 1hr 10min to get through to have an operator say "I can't hear you properly sir, so I'm gonna hang up and please call back." I nearly threw the phone out of the window. Went to T-Mobile store and bought one in person then cancelled the Samsung order. Last time I ever order through them. They're useless. Probably mess up the cancellation now too!

amazondrone

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I got mine this afternoon (preordered on the 18th). I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the Gear VR, though. I've never received any info on what to do to get it.

evan115

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I also preordered my S8 with anticipation of paying the additional $99 to receive the extra gear. this was hyped by not only the best buy employees, but also the accompanying Samsung representatives present in the store. This promotion is the reason i chose to stick with the long line of Galaxy devices I've had over the years and not go with the LG. When I get my phone activated today after I get off work, he tells me that Samsung isn't accepting the promotions anymore. Nobody I spoke to knew there was a quote, and it wasn't listed in any of the "disclaimers" I was handed that there was a limit. Extremely disappointed in Samsung. Does anyone else see this as a bit of a scam?

amazondrone

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I've got that app, but I can't find anywhere on it about the Gear offer. Do you think they removed it after the pre-order period was done? I didn't look till the 21st.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
All the Samsung promos have stated while supplies last.

It's always like that. I use to worry about not getting the free yr of Netflix, SD card, Gear Fit2 etc. I'm pretty sure they will be able to cover the pre-orders. I'll be surprised if they can't.

Ufd108

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It's always like that. I use to worry about not getting the free yr of Netflix, SD card, Gear Fit2 etc. I'm pretty sure they will be able to cover the pre-orders. I'll be surprised if they can't.

While supplies last in this case is pretty much a scam. I picked up my 8+ at 10:30 AM Friday (alleged release day) and went straight home to claim the $99 bundle. It was ALREADY gone by 11:00 AM of release day.

Never again will I buy a Samsung phone, and never again will I pre-order ANYTHING from Best Buy. Most other retailers released the phones early, but Best Buy wouldn't. That's why no BB customers got the bundle.

Pissed.

Ufd108

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
WOW! I would angry as well. Have you tried to call Samsung?

Yeah, but gave up after 2-1/2 hours on hold! Went to BB and bitched like crazy, especially since the Samsung site was saying my phone wasn't eligible (???) for the bonus at all !! Turned out the ineligibility issue was a website problem and I was finally able to register for the VR, but Samsung says they sold out the $99 bundle and that's that.

Lesson learned; don't pre-order from BestBuy or you will get screwed because everyone else will get the product first.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last Thursday, 4/20, VZW. Coordination with Samsung is a nightmare, left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Have not found best case yet. Otter makes a BIG and HEAVY phone even bigger and heavier, taking it back. Currently using a slim, light and cheap ($20.00) case. Not great but OK for now. Belt clip cases are few and far between.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
International unlocked versions can be legit, but they might have no warranty in your region. Also you would need to check to see if they support the features and bands that you need.

Klortch

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I thought I'd chime in with my pre-order experience. I pre-ordered from Samsung.com as soon as the option was available to do so. I ordered a black S8+ for myself and an Orchid Grey S8+ for my wife. I paid the additional $99 x 2 to get the VR Experience bundles. The phones arrived last Friday 4/21 and over last weekend I spent close to 7 hours total (2.5 hours on hold) with Samsung tech support trying to address technical issues. The WiFi didn't work on my wife's phone and my phone could take calls but not make calls. I finally gave up and requested to send the phones back for replacements. Much to my disappointment I was told there was no option to just send back the phones for replacements. I have to send back the VR bundles as well and I will not get them back. I was told by Samsung customer service I have to send everything back in order for a refund to occur and I can then re-buy the phones minus the VR experience bundles. :( Needless to say this felt like worst possible experience and the worst way to treat a customer. I'm trying decide what to do. After I send the phones back I may consider re-buying them from T-Mobile but at this point I may just skip Samsung all together and wait for the Pixel 2.

Last edited:

SamgSCUM

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Nowhere in the literature I received does it say that they had limited amounts asnd it would be first come first serve. I pre-orders through Best Buy and was told I would be able to chose either promo. I had to wait for an appointment to get the phone and they NEVER said there was limited quantities. I found out it was sold out before I even got the phone. Best Buy made me wait for an appointment at 3:30 the day it was released. They said all the morning times were taken. It's Bull and a scam. SamScum!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow