OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If they don't stop trying be so stash with the update I'm thinkin of switching to a Blackberry Bold 9650 and using the Moto Droid for backup until around Xmas when Verizon will unleash something secret they are working on?bcuz the Droid X is cool but is waaay to bulky to stash away in your pocket?

So you're going to go from a Lexus to a beat up Chevette??/ Go for it. let me know that works for ya.
I had a Blackberry and they sucked. As far as updates, I think the Droid has received 3 updates in the time it took to get one that never came with Blackberry.

California_iPad

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
So you're going to go from a Lexus to a beat up Chevette??/ Go for it. let me know that works for ya.
I had a Blackberry and they sucked. As far as updates, I think the Droid has received 3 updates in the time it took to get one that never came with Blackberry.

Hey!
Lets not start bashing other companies here, its all up to the personality that's inside the human. We all have our own opinions but that's no need to say something sucks. That's like telling your friend to hate someone because you don't like them. I feel the need to bring peace to online forums, LOL. Plus its just a cellular device.

I love my Moto Droid but I actually might get a 9650 also.
Android is AMAZING but I just feel connected to BB more and OS6.

:p

Crw1229

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
@MedlongOne... Wow BB sux that bad? Well the one I saw looked pretty cool in the store...I guess that's how they get ya huh lol... Idk after the update is done I will probably keep the Droid until around Xmas...I'm pretty sure Verizon will come out with something more my style...something new you know? Then I'll be needing to talk to GenericMessage about rooting my Droid... p.s. is there really going to be a Nexus 2?

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
As a former WinMo and BB owner, I have the right to say it sucks. They do when compared to the Android OS. Would it make you feel better if I told you that the above phones are inferior devices to the Droid? Because they are. Those 2 phones bring more headaches than any one person should have to endure.
Besides...they suck.

Crw1229

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
As a former WinMo and BB owner, I have the right to say it sucks. They do when compared to the Android OS. Would it make you feel better if I told you that the above phones are inferior devices to the Droid? Because they are. Those 2 phones bring more headaches than any one person should have to endure.
Besides...they suck.

Yea I'm pretty sold on keeping the Droid...debating more on whether or not I should root my phone to gain the mobile hotspots feature or waiting to buy a phone with it on there now..(if one comes out)... Verizon seems to like to toy with your emotions when it comes to that stuff...

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Yep - just about 8:30am in the East Coast, and no Froyo for Breakfast. I am hoping that Verizon hasn't arisen from bed yet, or is still in the shower, prettying itself for the launch.

However, we went through all this rigamarole for 2.1 -- all sorts of rumoured release dates. While this looks a bit more official than the last time we performed in this musical comedy, I will believe in Froyo when it's safely ensconsed on my elderly Droid....

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Let's upgrade our Android OS!...
It's coming today, I would guess...
But once it's installed,
Will we all be appalled
On finding our 'phones are a mess?

Scooter217

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I always want to have faith in Verizon but I always feel like they build up the hype and then nothing! Last time they pushed to test users and it took forever to get to everyone else. They are known for 12pm launch times so lets see what happens. Maybe we can have some froyo for lunch........Keeping fingers crossed.

G

GenericMessage

I am floored that the Evo got it before the Droid.

I mean, THE DROID! The Google experience phone!

That means HTC and Sprint coded their proprietary crap into 2.2 faster than VZW/Moto could port the vanilla one. That's depressing

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I am floored that the Evo got it before the Droid.

I mean, THE DROID! The Google experience phone!

That means HTC and Sprint coded their proprietary crap into 2.2 faster than VZW/Moto could port the vanilla one. That's depressing

It will only be a few days apart. You know how Verizon is with testing. Im actually surprised its coming out this soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandiwagner