[OFFICIAL] p3droid has done it again. rooted gingerbread update inside

Skis X

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
down loaded it, but how do i get it to install? do i need some type of torrent app or something? please help...btw is it only a 16kb file?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
tbh app download on wi-fi took me less than 5mins I would say and as the screenshot below shows, it installed right over my Liberty .05 .595 setup flawlessly. What Liberty does this drop me back to now since I was on .05? the ROM Version isnt under about phone when I update the GB's.
I also lose my Liberty Customizer

20110528173834.jpg

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
tbh app download on wi-fi took me less than 5mins I would say and as the screenshot below shows, it installed right over my Liberty .05 .595 setup flawlessly. What Liberty does this drop me back to now since I was on .05? the ROM Version isnt under about phone when I update the GB's.
I also lose my Liberty Customizer

20110528173834.jpg

I think Liberty will be updated real soon, Apex and a gang of roms are gonna start piling in now...FUN TIMES!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So, here's a purely speculative question...
Does anyone care to weigh in on the likelihood of a root method being discovered for stock gingerbread that was received ota? Especially one that leads to a z4-like easy peasy deal... Don't worry, I won't hold you to it!
I am awaiting my replacement debit card due to a robbery, and in the meantime cannot buy d2 bootstrap, I only have the dx one. SO... I can't do the rooted froyo method from p3droid to get rooted 596.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone care to weigh in on the likelihood of a root method being discovered for stock gingerbread that was received ota? Especially one that leads to a z4-like easy peasy deal... Don't worry, I won't hold you to it!
I am awaiting my replacement debit card due to a robbery, and in the meantime cannot buy d2 bootstrap, I only have the dx one. SO... I can't do the rooted froyo method from p3droid to get rooted 596.

i do think itll happen at some point, once the right people get to spend a little time with it.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i do think itll happen at some point, once the right people get to spend a little time with it.

Thanks, that's certainly my instinct, if history shows us anything. I was curious if anyone was aware of any new obstacles that might set this release apart. I know that vzw would definitely love to lose the tetherers. Ahh, I shouldn't worry so much.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
down loaded it, but how do i get it to install? do i need some type of torrent app or something? please help...btw is it only a 16kb file?

I'm assuming you tried to do the download directly on your phone using your browser? The update.zip is actually around 111mb. I had the same issue and ended up just using my laptop to download it, connected my USB cable and transferred it to my sd card. After that, I powered my phone down and rebooted into stock recovery (hold Home and Power until the phone starts up, once you see the android guy, press the search button). Use the volume up/down buttons to navigate to install update.zip from sd card and press the camera button to accept. After about 15 minutes you should be good to go!

Reactions: Skis X

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

??

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Forrest live wallpaper

I just flashed the forest live wallpaper (supposedly an Easter Egg) .....I don't get it, anybody else here flash it?

CAP201105282010.jpg

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I see the 3d effect in it, but I'm not seeing where or how it displays the weather. Does it snow when it's snowing outside? Is it sunny during the day?

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
??
Sorry, that was kind of rambling. I meant that my card# associated with market is deactivated and I don't have my new # yet. I'm running stock froyo rooted (just got this replacement phone the other day), so I'd need the d2 bootstrap to install rooted gb per p3droid. I have only ever used and have purchased the dx bootstrap.
The only concern being, if the ota is pushed to my phone and is not able to be rooted later.
Like I said, I worry too much. I'm sure it's no big deal.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, that was kind of rambling. I meant that my card# associated with market is deactivated and I don't have my new # yet. I'm running stock froyo rooted (just got this replacement phone the other day), so I'd need the d2 bootstrap to install rooted gb per p3droid. I have only ever used and have purchased the dx bootstrap.
The only concern being, if the ota is pushed to my phone and is not able to be rooted later.
Like I said, I worry too much. I'm sure it's no big deal.

Droid 2 bootstrap apk.

http://db.tt/opDHbuD

Reactions: Flawson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC