[OFFICIAL] p3droid has done it again. rooted gingerbread update inside

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Good news from p3droid. If you dont follow him on twitter (and if youre interested in the rooting scene on the droid x, you should be), he got the OTA last night as part of the soak group, and has already rooted it. Even better news is that if you're running one of the GB leaks (.588, .591, .595), you'll be able to install the rooted update right over top of what you're running; no sbf or wipe necessary. He is also going to make an update for those of us running rooted or stock froyo (2.3.340). No word yet on what to do if you took the OTA, but it seems if you did, you will be able to flash back to 2.3.340.

The download links haven't been posted yet by him, but if you have the TBH app, you'll probably see them there first. Once he posts the locations online, you'll see them posted in this thread, so check back later on today for those.

EDIT: and here you go, folks: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

a gingerbread flavor for every build :). thanks to all who posted links below while i was at work! :p

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I read this on twitter a few minutes ago to. Great job P3droid ! .Iam still on .595 so flashing over the top will be as easy as can get :) I will be ready when its released on Tbh app .

dcbelcher

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Never understood deodexed and the other related terms. In average non-rooting enthusiast terms, I'd love to find the update.zip that has the stock Gingerbread that's being pushed so I don't have to wait any longer for Verizon and Motorola's timeframe. Anyone seen it anywhere for download yet?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im sure someone with the "official non - rooted" version of .596 will leak it out( and be available sometime) and will make front page news on android central when they do . Someone always does :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
there are 3 versions in TBH already. I'm rooted and Deox thank

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Dang my bad guys i just posted this on the hack forum, should of checked here before doing that...don't trip terpitude, u the man!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My computer passed the download I have on the TBH app .
The download from the computer that download is complete , ha .
I saw the thread JkdJedi posted after I was downloading from the TBH app .
That one is almost done now so guess I will let it finish as well , but it is sloowwww :)

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Torrent Link for new GB!

Here's a torrent link for the new GB update...

595 DX GB Deodexed - Demonoid

Thanks goes to P3Droid and TBH for the work, I'm just providing the torrent.

This is just Deodexed version.

I'ts actually the .596 build, I labeled it wrong.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance