ok.....i did it........

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Despite reading all the negative press about this phone I sold my Droid X on ebay and am getting a Bolt tomorrow........... I hope I don't regret this but if I find it unbearable I could go to the incredible 2 or Droid x 2

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I hope u enjoy it, even though the recent update has some bugs, its still a cool phone and I hope the fix comes soon because everything was great before the update.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!!! Im pretty excited to get the new phone. Just hope since im in a non 4G area the battery issues aren't tha bad......

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
What negative press? All I've seen is positive press aside from the short battery life. Unless you are simply referring to the problem reports from individuals who are having random issues?

The phone is superb...enjoy it!

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I bet for every one person who posts about problems there are probably 100 who are problem free and not saying anything. I certainly don't post every time my TB has a perfect day...lol! But, if I were having problems, you would hear about it because I'm the whiniest bizitch on the planet!

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my extended battery a few days ago. Battery life on this phone is a real tradeoff for an otherwise great phone. Unless you want to live on a charger, I'd recommend getting an extended battery or an external charger like the New Trent battery listed in the Bolt Accessories forums. I use the app LTE OnOff to toggle the 3G/4G, but I mostly stay on 3G and I still go through the battery pretty quick when playing games & streaming audio & Video. Putting the phone on standby seems to be the only way to get the 12+ hours out of it. For example, I don't charge it over night. So, I go to bed with the battery at 100% or 90% and wake up with the phone down 5% in 8 hours. Use it for a few hours, doiong web surfing, listening to podcasts, or playing Angry Birds, and the next thing I know, I am at 30%. I do charge my phone probably 2 to 3 times a day, not of out of necessity but out of convenience, so I don't get stuck at a time when I need the phone and I only got 5% left.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my extended battery a few days ago. Battery life on this phone is a real tradeoff for an otherwise great phone. Unless you want to live on a charger, I'd recommend getting an extended battery or an external charger like the New Trent battery listed in the Bolt Accessories forums. I use the app LTE OnOff to toggle the 3G/4G, but I mostly stay on 3G and I still go through the battery pretty quick when playing games & streaming audio & Video. Putting the phone on standby seems to be the only way to get the 12+ hours out of it. For example, I don't charge it over night. So, I go to bed with the battery at 100% or 90% and wake up with the phone down 5% in 8 hours. Use it for a few hours, doiong web surfing, listening to podcasts, or playing Angry Birds, and the next thing I know, I am at 30%. I do charge my phone probably 2 to 3 times a day, not of out of necessity but out of convenience, so I don't get stuck at a time when I need the phone and I only got 5% left.

I LOVE my New Trent 11000mah battery. :D

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well luckily for me I have the ability to stay plugged into a charger the whole.time I am at work or at home. Other than that I rarely talk on the phone but usually text and then browse the web as well as check facebook and twitter. But right now on my Droid x im at 40% and have only been unplugged for about 5 hrs

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of those who hasn't been experiencing the random re-boots, before or after the update. I also can easily go for 24 hours on my stock battery with light/moderate useage (texting, web browsing, Kindle, phone calls). I've been unplugged since 9:22 last night and I have 72% life.

I do put it on wireless when I can (at work and at home), and I'm in a 4G market, so I'm riding 4G when I'm not at home or at work.

When my phone first arrived, I didn't turn it on until after I had bump charged the phone. Charged it to green with it off, unplugged it and plugged it back in to charge again. Then I activated the phone. A week later I also calibrated the battery - charge with phone on until green, turn off, charge until green, turn on, charge until green and repeat until it is green when you plug it in on one of those cycles.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I usually have mine plugged in at work and at home... as long as you know what's sucking down the battery you will be ok... here is a youtube video that talks about making your Android faster, but a lot of this is also about knowing your device - fairly good info: YouTube - pocketnowvideo's Channel

All of which I've been doing for a long time, but it's good refresher info.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually have mine plugged in at work and at home... as long as you know what's sucking down the battery you will be ok... here is a youtube video that talks about making your Android faster, but a lot of this is also about knowing your device - fairly good info: YouTube - pocketnowvideo's Channel

All of which I've been doing for a long time, but it's good refresher info.

That was a good video, thanks. I disables animations and turned plug ins off. Also got rid of some apps I rarely used.

The folders idea is cool. Will work on that.

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those who hasn't been experiencing the random re-boots, before or after the update. I also can easily go for 24 hours on my stock battery with light/moderate useage (texting, web browsing, Kindle, phone calls). I've been unplugged since 9:22 last night and I have 72% life.

I do put it on wireless when I can (at work and at home), and I'm in a 4G market, so I'm riding 4G when I'm not at home or at work.

Pardon the noob question, but my previous phone did not have Wi-fi, so I wonder do you have ability to make & receive calls while your phone is on wi-fi?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao