Ok Pixel owners - the S8 is here. Who's jumping ship?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Agree with you noobfornow. For many on Verizon, Pixel is still struggling with 4G LTE let alone 5G LTE coming.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I have the G6 now and was going to order the s8 plus then hesitated. Ordered the OnePlus 3t instead then canceled it and ordered the Pixel XL. When I had the regular pixel I loved it and missed it so I'm excited to be back. I just couldn't get the S8. If I do get another Samsung it would be the Note 8. It will be Samsung to grow Bixby a little more and for me to see how the new design holds up. Yeah will tell for sure.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well . . . I bought a Pixel only a week ago. Loved it, was excited about the camera. Took some photos at the weekend. WTF! That lens flare! Any time there was a light source in front of the phone I got flare - either an arc of white or a misty effect over the whole photo. I'm not talking of the light source in the frame either. I took a pic of a family member sitting on a chair in front of a window - no direct sunlight, and got flare. Never seen anything as bad before on any phone or camera. My best photos have been taken against the light so it was pretty significant for me. I returned the phone and pre-ordered an S8. I had an S7 before the Pixel and got some lovely photos on it - actually more pleasing than those from the Pixel.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well . . . I bought a Pixel only a week ago. Loved it, was excited about the camera. Took some photos at the weekend. WTF! That lens flare! Any time there was a light source in front of the phone I got flare - either an arc of white or a misty effect over the whole photo. I'm not talking of the light source in the frame either. I took a pic of a family member sitting on a chair in front of a window - no direct sunlight, and got flare. Never seen anything as bad before on any phone or camera. My best photos have been taken against the light so it was pretty significant for me. I returned the phone and pre-ordered an S8. I had an S7 before the Pixel and got some lovely photos on it - actually more pleasing than those from the Pixel.
Wow that sucks, hope the S8 works better for you

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my Blue Pixel. Will look at the Pixel 2 when it arrives and get one if I like it, just to keep up with the latest.

S8 is a Saturday night street walker in very high heels.
Pixel is a 4x4 Chevrolet Silverado going through\over everything life throws in its way.

Yep - that pretty much sums it up.
Poetry Anon, pure poetry.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I hate Samsung with a passion. I'd sooner purchase the phone again than buy one of theirs. After the GSIII I vowed to never go back. Never will.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Jumping to S8+, still deciding to keep the pixel XL and S8+ or G6 and S8+. Most likely will return the G6 and settle with S8+ and Pixel XL.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S8+ on preorder here. I already sold my pixel XL. Great Phone other than the bluetooth issues in my truck. That was enough to push me over to the S8+ though. We'll see.

NOLATechy

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not dropping my Pixel XL. I love the thing! The camera is AWESOME, the screen is incredible and I get really GREAT battery life. Plus, stock Android is the way to go! It might not have all the bells and whistles that Samsung adds, but it also doesn't have all the lag, crashes and long waits for updates that comes along with those bells and whistles. I've had my Pixel XL for 5 months now and its HONESTLY the best phone I've ever owned. The only way I'm giving up my Pixel XL is when I get the Pixel XL2.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not dropping my Pixel XL. I love the thing! The camera is AWESOME, the screen is incredible and I get really GREAT battery life. Plus, stock Android is the way to go! It might not have all the bells and whistles that Samsung adds, but it also doesn't have all the lag, crashes and long waits for updates that comes along with those bells and whistles. I've had my Pixel XL for 5 months now and its HONESTLY the best phone I've ever owned. The only way I'm giving up my Pixel XL is when I get the Pixel XL2.

X2!!!!!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel and a G6. I am set for life.......um until I see something I like better. Give me a Pixel XL with front facing speakers and we might have a deal.

Damu357

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Pixel XL ...The S8 might be smooth in the beginning but give it a few months and you'll be in for a lag fest, which is almost like a Samsung trademark.......

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't forsee going back to a carrier phone. The hardware looks good. But, then they layer their stuff on it. Then the carrier layers their stuff on it. Wait months for updates.

And, my Pixel XL is just as snappy and nice as the day I bought it. Never happened with Sumsung phones I've had and other family and friends have.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently played around with an S8 at a Best Buy. The phone is indeed very beautiful. Its looks put my Pixel completely to shame. But then the UI reminded me why I prefer stock Android. Let's hope Google jump in on the bezel-less bandwagon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I still think the S8 looks really bad and that the HTC 10, Pixel XL, iPhone 7, etc (metal phones) look much better.