Ok Pixel owners - the S8 is here. Who's jumping ship?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to get one, but I don't have the uncontrollable urge to go out an preorder it. So, I guess I am neutral.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Its a nice phone but i still wont buy it. Its still bloated OS with more bloat apps.
there is at least 4.5 gb bloat in it. although i wish pixel 2 designed like s8

I really hope the Pixel 2 is not designed like that lol :p Don't want the weird FPS placement and I really do NOT want a glass back and I really want stereo speakers. Other than those things, the S8 looks pretty sharp.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Had the V20 and returned it. Back to my pixel. I love the big screen on the smaller frame. Water resistance, wireless charging. Plus it is beautiful and has great ergonomics. I personally like a flat screen over the edges on the S8 and it seems really narrow, which I don't really like either.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Had the V20 and returned it. Back to my pixel. I love the big screen on the smaller frame. Water resistance, wireless charging. Plus it is beautiful and has great ergonomics. I personally like a flat screen over the edges on the S8 and it seems really narrow, which I don't really like either.

Flat screen is a good point. That's one of the top 5 biggest turn offs about Samsung right now for me. In no particular order, edge screens, ugly software, bad security, glass body, extra terrible apps aka bloat.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm intrigued by the LG G6 as well. I am happy with the S7edge and the Pixel for now. The S7edge is growing on me though. But the idea of a big screen in a small frame appeals to me. I have been wanting to try LG phones for a while so will probably get the G6 before the S8.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Flat screen is a good point. That's one of the top 5 biggest turn offs about Samsung right now for me. In no particular order, edge screens, ugly software, bad security, glass body, extra terrible apps aka bloat.
I use the S7edge and Pixel side by side and the bloat doesn't seem to bother me.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I wouldnt touch an S8 if i got one for free, their cartoony childish ui and bug ridden release day mess of the OS, camera and other problems is annoying and, like Apple.. they are overpriced rubbish.. SS tell you its glass, but its really plastic and cardboard..

Ive owned every single SS flasgship since the orignal Galaxy... through the S2, S3 > S5 > S7E... and EVERY one of them had lagg or camera issues, crashes and lock ups... and for me.. Im done with Samsung

The longer we as consumers continue to support these arrogant companies who rip us off year after year with their slow weeks or months bug fixes and updates, the more theyll do it... Give me a Huawei or LG over SS or Apple any day.

No Thanks SS

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I left Samsung S7 for having less Bezel, overheating and bloatware. I do love their Samsung Gear S3. But when it comes to phone, that's a big NO! For me. I love my Pixel and I know its not perfect but after almost 5 months of used, this phone still going strong.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I already jumped ship, sort of, because I bought the Gear s3 smart watch and was having some compatibility issues so I gave my wife the Pixel XL and got myself an S7. The S7 is a nice phone but there are some things I miss from the Pixel.

I'm thinking about the S8 but haven't made a move yet and may not. I'll decide when I decide. I do love Samsung Pay so I may stay with Samsung but if the Pixel 2 gets rid of the Gear S3/phone issues I could move back to the Pixel.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
No way would I leave my buttery smooth Pixel XL for an app bloated, slow updated, curved screen S8. The things I like about the S8, such as waterproofing and wireless charging are simply not enough. I've been "burned" by Samsung twice before by horrible updates. Did I mention I hate the curved edge screen gimmick?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the S8 🙂 I'm not really a Samsung fan tho
But if I was the placement of the fingerprint sensor would drive me crazy.
Why put it off center like that ,ha
Also it's on the narrow side

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my Blue Pixel. Will look at the Pixel 2 when it arrives and get one if I like it, just to keep up with the latest.

S8 is a Saturday night street walker in very high heels.
Pixel is a 4x4 Chevrolet Silverado going through\over everything life throws in its way.

Yep - that pretty much sums it up.