OnePlus 8 Fingerprint Reader Issue.

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my T-Mobile OnePlus 8 today. Put an Amazon Tempered Glass screen protector on it. Set up two fingerprints. A little while later, I am getting errors recognizing the fingerprints. I deleted and reset them. Still unable to unlock with fingerprints, however, settings still sees them as valid, and I can unlock apps with the fingerprints. Other than taking the screen protector off, any thoughts on fixing this?

Screen Protector in Question

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6809080

Last edited:

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the right thumb print is working on occasion now. Left thumb, no matter how many times I re-set it, just doesn't want to work. I still think its screen protector related. I really don't want to go without, I may start looking for another brand to use. I used Omoton on my 6t, but their customer service has said they don't plan to release one for the 8. :(

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the right thumb print is working on occasion now. Left thumb, no matter how many times I re-set it, just doesn't want to work. I still think its screen protector related. I really don't want to go without, I may start looking for another brand to use. I used Omoton on my 6t, but their customer service has said they don't plan to release one for the 8. :(

Perhaps try Samsung's screen protector, since you know that it will work with the phone's screen?

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
After a day or so, things are getting to be a lil more responsive. I dunno, maybe the screen protector is settling in some.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose