only issue with prime

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Finally got my prime from amazon Saturday and I love it.... no real wifi or lag issues to speak of. But When I try to plug my prime in and mount it to my laptop it will only show up as a windows media device and USB debugging is randomly on most of the time. Anyone know how to get my prime to mount as mass storage so I can move over some media files. I'd love to just use Google music but for whatever reason it won't sync all my music and cuts playlists off so whatever

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Prime but one thing that works on just about any Honeycomb is WiFi Explorer. I sets up an http listener and you can attach to it via the browser and upload/download whatever you wish to the tab.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe you can. ICS (and HC) uses MTP and PTP, Media Transfer Protocol and Picture Transfer Protocol, where MTP has priority.

In Gingerbread you could mount as mass storage and the device was treated like an SD Card by the computer. In HC and ICS that feature has gone away and MTP is used because it allows for the SD card in the device to be used by both Android and Windows at the same time.

You should still be able to transfer files over but it's just not going to work exactly like an SD Card does.

Along the lines of what bmmattix was saying, I use Samba File share. It runs on the phone and turns your phone into a network drive when connected to your home wifi. You can then map the device as a network drive on your computer and access all the data on the sd card without every needing to hook it up to your computer. Works pretty well, little tricky to configure.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That may be the case in ICS but Android V3.2.1 (Honeycomb) works just fine in a USB Hard Drive emulation. I hook my OG TF up via the USB cable and both the internal and the MicroSD show up as drives and can be copied to and from. I loaded WiFi explorer because it means I don't have to have the tab physically hooked up to my computer, I am sure Samba File Share does the same and I will look at it.

Thanks

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I'll give some of the sync apps a try....I assume if I put a micro SD in the tab it will mount correctly and not in mtp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf