OTA link

Madrox

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a bunch good sirs, works fine on mine.

How about the weather app? Can you update, and does the flip clock widget show the current weather? It looks like it's being caused by Accuweather.com being coincidentally down, but we're trying to confirm that from multiple sources so some of us who have updated and are having trouble with the weather app/widget can relax a bit. :)

Madrox

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Consider me a test subject. NO update and the weather widget was inoperative. Restarted my phone and it came up fine.

Haha...the site must have come back up literally during the 45 seconds you were restarting. It's back up now, along with my weather widget/app.

darlev

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Does this wipe the phone

Quick question for folks that have used the downloaded OTA file, does this wipe the phone, or is it exactly the same as doing the OTA update?

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Snagging the link is a testament to what a bunch of sufficiently motivated people with all together too much time on their hands are capable of. Well done gentlemen.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Haha...the site must have come back up literally during the 45 seconds you were restarting. It's back up now, along with my weather widget/app.

Well thats good that the weather is working again. How about the Market? I saw over on xda this morning that people who installed this updated were having problems downloading/installing apps via Market. Has this been resolved or is it still an issue? Its the only thing that is stopping me from installing it myself. I have everything with me at work to do it...

And thanks to teslatech for finding it and posting it. :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes!

Thank you kind sir!

Complete.... this is better then coffee! OR playing with the box the kids came in! ;) (Well not that good but...)

Last edited:

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Quick question for folks that have used the downloaded OTA file, does this wipe the phone, or is it exactly the same as doing the OTA update?

Just updated, and I can confirm that this method keeps all of your phone's settings, widgets, backgrounds, etc. Go for it!

bgeddings

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Off to work for a couple hours then back to download. Can someone post detailed instructions (that an idiot could understand) on here? Thanks for the help and thanks for the zip. Hope everyone has an awesome day. Waiting on hurricane earl in VA.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for this. Loaded fine. However, it appears I still have the old market.

Edit. Nope I was wrong.

Also, this is a great testament to the community. thanks again.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! I've had my Incredible for a month now(first time smartphone user) and this update works great! Got tired of waiting for verizon so I decided to try it. So far I have run into no problems, marketplace still downloads and installs apps just fine. Thanks to all that made this possible!! :D

Edit: Garment69... old market?? Are we supposed to have a new one?? My market looks the same as in 2.1 and it works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte