OTA System Updates failing on Nexus 7

MAKuttner

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I've got a Nexus 7 that's about 3 months old. It's not rooted and I haven't run weird stuff on it. It keeps telling me about the OTA system updates, and I hit the "Update" button, after which it goes into shut down mode. I then see the little android guy standing up with the door on hid chest open and the little updating atom spinning around in front of it, but then it gets about half way through and it's replaced by him on his back with a red triangular sign with a "!" inside of it, indicating that something is borked. This has been the case when it's attempted a 4.1.2 update and now with the 4.2 update. I've factory reset the tablet a few times and it still won't successfully update. Any tips, or should I just take this thing back for a trade in?

Thanks!

MAKuttner

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Update: I took the tablet to Best Buy in order to get it looked at. The guy there told me he also has a Nexus 7 with the same problem, and he'd found no solution as yet. He gave me the number of the Asus support line, whom I just talked to. They were very pleasant to talk with and gave me an RMA number so I can send it back to them to have it looked at. If you're having the same problem, I suggest giving them a call. Their number is 888-678-3688. <-Note: This number may only work in Canada...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63