OtterBox Defender Note 7.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes I do. I got the case fit so it don't completely cover the edges but there is only a tiny part of each of the edges that aren't covered. So you wouldn't even notice unless you looking for it. You have 2 options to choose from case fit and regular where all the edges are covered. I chose the case fit cause didnt want to take a chance that the edges would peel up when putting on or taking off cases. It works great in defender case with or without the defender built in screen protector. I just didn't like the defender screen protector so tool it out lol. Sorry took so long getting back to you. Just now seeing this. Just know these are wet apply kind. Dishing washing detergent and water is all you need. Helps alot with keeping fingerprints off the inside of screen protector when putting it on.
Np worries on the reply thanks for taking the time to. I'm gonna get the case one today. I have one on now but want something to cover the edges more thanks again

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
What's sad is the Defender for the S7 and S7 edge had that nice thick rubber liner on the back shell and seemed to be of better quality then past Defenders.
Guess they really went back to cheap & cheesy with the Note 7 Defender.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What's sad is the Defender for the S7 and S7 edge had that nice thick rubber liner on the back shell and seemed to be of better quality then past Defenders.
Guess they really went back to cheap & cheesy with the Note 7 Defender.

Here is another review. Pure garbage! I'd go with the Evo Tactical XT any day of this. The Defender for my Edge is top notch so far though.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Evo Tactical XT for now. Decided to return the Supcase Beetle Pro b/c I just don't think it has much shock absorption with the rigidity of the case. I do think the Beetle Pro is a good value, but I'm willing to pay more for the Tactical XT because of Tech 21's claims regarding drop protection. Per the Tech 21 website--

"Extreme drop protection. FlexShock™ is the world's most advanced impact protection material, absorbing and dissipating impact force and stopping that force from passing into your device. By integrating FlexShock™ into the design of the Evo Tactical XT, we can offer extreme impact protection from drops of 4m/ 13ft."

I still want to see the Defender in Steel Berry, but it is still not available. If the Defender is fine without the built in screen protector (and replaced with a separate one), I would be happy to give it a try. If the power/volume button alignment is off like many reviews say, that would be a no go. The shoddy built in screen protector isn't a dealbreaker for me, as I always remove the built in protectors for my Defenders.

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I put a defender case on my N7 this week. So far no issues with case or screen protector except the keyboard sensitivity is slightly off. But I think that will improve as I adjust to it.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Evo Tactical XT for now. Decided to return the Supcase Beetle Pro b/c I just don't think it has much shock absorption with the rigidity of the case. I do think the Beetle Pro is a good value, but I'm willing to pay more for the Tactical XT because of Tech 21's claims regarding drop protection. Per the Tech 21 website--

"Extreme drop protection. FlexShock™ is the world's most advanced impact protection material, absorbing and dissipating impact force and stopping that force from passing into your device. By integrating FlexShock™ into the design of the Evo Tactical XT, we can offer extreme impact protection from drops of 4m/ 13ft."

I still want to see the Defender in Steel Berry, but it is still not available. If the Defender is fine without the built in screen protector (and replaced with a separate one), I would be happy to give it a try. If the power/volume button alignment is off like many reviews say, that would be a no go. The shoddy built in screen protector isn't a dealbreaker for me, as I always remove the built in protectors for my Defenders.

Do you actually own the Tactical? Please post pix if you do. For all the people saying that it's a good alternative to the Defender, I can't find any review videos or blog posts about it that include photos of the case on someone's phone. I'm seriously considering the case, but I'd like to read some more reviews first. I'm actually going to try (again!) to exchange my phone this afternoon and if Verizon has the Tactical in store I'll probably pick it up.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Do you actually own the Tactical? Please post pix if you do. For all the people saying that it's a good alternative to the Defender, I can't find any review videos or blog posts about it that include photos of the case on someone's phone. I'm seriously considering the case, but I'd like to read some more reviews first. I'm actually going to try (again!) to exchange my phone this afternoon and if Verizon has the Tactical in store I'll probably pick it up.
Yes, I own it. Here are pics--20160923_142433.jpg

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My defender screen protector started to peal on the left side. I just pulled it off. I have a reported glass screen protector note from VZW.

I love Otterbox cases. But, their screen protectors have always been bad.

wavizz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is interested I checked the Otterbox site today and they have all colors in stock. I already had Steelberry ordered via Amazon for a lower price but i have no idea when it will ship (been waiting over a month already) so I'm ordering one from Otterbox so I can check it out for myself. If Otterbox doesn't pan out then I'm highly considering the Zizo case.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just received the email from Otterbox that the Defender is available to order. I preordered via Amazon back in mid-August when it was cheap, but it doesn't look like they're in stock there yet. I'm kind of apprehensive based on the reviews I've seen, though.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is interested I checked the Otterbox site today and they have all colors in stock. I already had Steelberry ordered via Amazon for a lower price but i have no idea when it will ship (been waiting over a month already) so I'm ordering one from Otterbox so I can check it out for myself. If Otterbox doesn't pan out then I'm highly considering the Zizo case.

Ditto, I've been waiting for the Steel Berry to come in stock. I had ordered from Amazon at the lower price too, but who knows when that will be available. I just ordered the Steel Berry from the Otterbox site and see how it fares. If it is as bad as the reviews say, then I'm sticking with my Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT in purple.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I learned about 35 years ago, when I was 11 years old watching the toy commercials that most claims of awesomeness and indestructible are usually the first toys that get destroyed. Those claims on the tactical are worthless and just a sales tactic...... just like those toys.

It's not like they have a guarantee backing their claims. It's all luck or lack of when you drop theses phones, especially with these edge phones. Sure a case helps with some protection but one case alone is not the save all. The 13 feet gimmick is laughable, I wouldn't find myself repeating it to others.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I learned about 35 years ago, when I was 11 years old watching the toy commercials that most claims of awesomeness and indestructible are usually the first toys that get destroyed. Those claims on the tactical are worthless and just a sales tactic...... just like those toys.

It's not like they have a guarantee backing their claims. It's all luck or lack of when you drop theses phones, especially with these edge phones. Sure a case helps with some protection but one case alone is not the save all. The 13 feet gimmick is laughable, I wouldn't find myself repeating it to others.

I agree. Just like the claims about the Defender and then reading on the reviews on Amazon for example for the Note 5, S6 and S7 reviews for the Defenders people still having their phones break when dropped. Yes the case helps, but these all glass phones are really fragile and dropped at the right angle they will crack still especially the edge.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I agree that there is no guarantee for Tech 21's drop protection claims. I was merely stating their claims with respect to the case and its supposed drop protection. I hope to never test their claims! But if there is some remote possibility that their drop protection is as good as they claim, then great. All these different case companies make claims about shock absorption, drop protection, "military grade" drop protection, etc. So many factors play into the drop of a phone--angle of the drop, impact, drop surface. No one ever knows what will happen until they actually drop their phone. We can only do the best we can by picking a case that looks and feels right.

My steel berry Defender comes on Wed. I am eager to see if Otterbox did anything to fix the issues people were having with this case.

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The genuine Samsung screen protector works great with the tech21 evo tactical xt case.
46d4f8fcc2f798ada0bb91aa172a1551.jpg
52f95da60e95c208e01b2f2911721083.jpg
c58b885888dc5b4124ce05dc8b46f70f.jpg