PC won't recognize my One while in fastboot (Windows 8)

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, tried to root my DE One yesterday using the one-click toolkit but my computer can't register my phone while it's in fastboot, so I can't install a recovery and proceed to rooting. I tried downloading the Android SDK and installing the Google USB drivers but I either didn't do it right or it just didn't work. Anybody else run into this problem and find a fix?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have those installed too and they don't seem to be doing much. I do get a "USB driver update is available" notice when I plug my phone into my computer, but every time I try to update it from HTC sync manager it says everything is up to date.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have also received a similar error which is why I gave up and do it on the mac side. However if I ever want to return to stock, I need to get this working on the windows 8 side. In my research, I think it has something to do with the usb drivers that Microsoft uses. They aren't ones directly from Intel but ones created by Microsoft for Windows 8. There is a way to get the proper ones installed but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Toodeloo97

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I don' know how it was called, but when I rooted my one I experienced the same problem. There was an xda thread where someone posted a program to manually download specific drivers or delete them. I threw all HTC drivers off my PC and downloaded them again. After that it was working. Again, I don't know how it was called but maybe googleing your problem could help to get to this thread.. I hope you get it running soon!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pkd