Phone has started to freeze up. up

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Today is the second day of my phone freezing up, requiring me to reset it. Also notice that the quick tap function has started working inconsistently. Not until I restart the phone, does that function seem to work with any regularity.

Maybe these are minor bugs that will be taken care of in a future update.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Today is the second day of my phone freezing up, requiring me to reset it. Also notice that the quick tap function has started working inconsistently. Not until I restart the phone, does that function seem to work with any regularity.

Maybe a rogue app that's not stock

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

My quick tap function (flashlight) worked flawlessly on my P7P until today. Now it won't work at all. I've toggled the feature off and back on and restarted the phone, all without success. It just won't function today for some reason. Also, the tap to wake the screen function only seems to work intermittently but that was true of my P6P as well. Finally, I can usually unlock the phone with the fingerprint scanner without waking the screen. But sometimes the fingerprint scanner will not work at all (no unlock, no light, no haptic feedback) without first waking the screen. Minor issues to me but issues nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My quick tap function (flashlight) worked flawlessly on my P7P until today. Now it won't work at all. I've toggled the feature off and back on and restarted the phone, all without success. It just won't function today for some reason. Also, the tap to wake the screen function only seems to work intermittently but that was true of my P6P as well. Finally, I can usually unlock the phone with the fingerprint scanner without waking the screen. But sometimes the fingerprint scanner will not work at all (no unlock, no light, no haptic feedback) without first waking the screen. Minor issues to me but issues nonetheless.

This is concerning as the tap to wake and fingerprint sensor issues are carryovers from the 6 Pro ... Would have thought Google squashes these bugs already

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This is concerning as the tap to wake and fingerprint sensor issues are carryovers from the 6 Pro ... Would have thought Google squashes these bugs already

Performance for me with the 7 Pro has been very similar to the 6 Pro. A bunch of weird things happen that are sporadic and make no sense. They are similar to those I experienced with the 6 Pro. It makes it hard to have confidence in the phone. The odd-ball issues seem to pop up at the worst times. I do not have as many of those pop-up those issues with the S22 Ultra or iPhone 13 Pro Max.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Performance for me with the 7 Pro has been very similar to the 6 Pro. A bunch of weird things happen that are sporadic and make no sense. They are similar to those I experienced with the 6 Pro. It makes it hard to have confidence in the phone. The odd-ball issues seem to pop up at the worst times. I do not have as many of those pop-up those issues with the S22 Ultra or iPhone 13 Pro Max.
I'm still early in and yet to experience these issues but did on my 6 Pro so to say I am concerned is an understatement. The fact Google never got it fixed on the 6 Pro and they're surfacing on the 7 line leads me to believe they can figure out the cause. That or they don't care ... which would be even more concerning LOL

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had those issues on the 6a and returned it. My s22 ultra is 99% flawless so far. My 6a was on beta 13 which also could of been the issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be that a number of bugfixes will come with the Google Play system update that they still seem to be preparing (I presume you're all still on the July Google Play system update).

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am willing to bet that you have brought over from the p6p to the p7p a flaky app that is causing your issues...OR...you have a defective phone because the things you are complaining about I am not seeing on my phone nor do I see any complaints from others. So you have two choices at least. Do a factory reset and load all your apps from scratch and test for issues after install. This may identify the rogue app. Or, send it back for a replacement. The only one of your issues that I stumbled upon was being able to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone with the screen off. In my efforts to get a 3rd party notification edge lighting app to work I had AOD turned on but without the time or fingerprint sensor showing up. The 3rd party app needed AOD to be turned on but there was a setting in the app (which I have swapped to another better one) allowing the screen to be totally black, and locked, but the clock and fingerprint sensor were still running allowing me to unlock the phone with my finger even though you could not "see" the sensor. As I mentioned I went with a different better 3rd party notification app (I do not like or use AOD) that does not need AOD to be on to work. YMMV

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am willing to bet that you have brought over from the p6p to the p7p a flaky app that is causing your issues...OR...you have a defective phone because the things you are complaining about I am not seeing on my phone nor do I see any complaints from others. So you have two choices at least. Do a factory reset and load all your apps from scratch and test for issues after install. This may identify the rogue app. Or, send it back for a replacement. The only one of your issues that I stumbled upon was being able to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone with the screen off. In my efforts to get a 3rd party notification edge lighting app to work I had AOD turned on but without the time or fingerprint sensor showing up. The 3rd party app needed AOD to be turned on but there was a setting in the app (which I have swapped to another better one) allowing the screen to be totally black, and locked, but the clock and fingerprint sensor were still running allowing me to unlock the phone with my finger even though you could not "see" the sensor. As I mentioned I went with a different better 3rd party notification app (I do not like or use AOD) that does not need AOD to be on to work. YMMV
Good call...

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So more flawed software from Google? Hope these are simple bug fixes but they shouldn't exist in a flagship phone from the manufacturer of Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo