.Phone Heating Up. :(

Carlos525

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. My phone has been acting up lately and I realized that the RAM usage is really high. Apparently "Settings" uses 96. MB, Android System uses 68.89MB, Phone uses 48.05MB, and System UI uses 46.23MB. Is this normal? What do I do to change this?

samurikuma1971

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I use advance mobile care for all my battery and system needs. Only time my phone heats up is if im downloading a ton of stuff while watching a movie or on you tube or playing a game.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as the RAM usage goes, Android is not Windows. It manages RAM well on it's own.

Now the heat is another story. What are you doing when your phone is heating up? Like samurikuma197 said, the only time that my phone heats up is when I am doing "intensive" type things (gaming, watching videos, etc). If your phone is heating up while idle then there are some issues there.

Carlos525

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Some apps would jus crash and say "Image cannot load because of lack of memory". Usually its at 1gb of ram and I dont really have much running. The apps I listed before are the only ones using up so much memory.

Hewe Wongx3_DERP

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, Last time when outside was cold, I had my phone in my pocket in class even though it had a Cellphone policy. Ot heated up doing nothing. It was like a heat.Then I had tp turn it on vibrate so when it dies it doesn't make a noise. It kinda stung me because pf the metal or glass, I thought I forgot to clear the runni ng apps, So basically I was running on data? It scared me.I thought it was gonna blow up.

Posted via Android Central App