Phone keeps restarting when connected to wifi

s_maria_6

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
So I recently updated my device and after the update, whenever my phone is connected to my home wifi (I haven't checked whether other networks have the same effect), it continually restarts. I can only use it for about 3 seconds between restarts so it took me a few tries to turn off the wifi and stop the restarting. I've tried a factory reset but my device is still restarting upon connecting to wifi. Any advice on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks, Maria :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this also happen in Safe Mode? Power off first, then power on again, and as soon as you see the boot logo appear, press and hold Vol Down to see if it boots into Safe Mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Might have been a bad update. Can you get in touch with anyone at the manufacturer's support team?

s_maria_6

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
My warranty period is definitely over so I don't think they'll do much to help but I'm going to try call the number they've provided on the site if the issue isn't resolved by the time my phone credit renews this month.

s_maria_6

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I've forgotten my home network and reconnected, rebooted my router and conducted a factory reset. Thank you for taking the time to find that article I just read through and the user stated that they changed their router from Archer to Huawei. My current modem is already a Huawei so I don't know if this solution will still help?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if it will either , but if you can get it try another router without being expensive I would try that

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid