Phone signed out of Google a/c

A

AC Question

Huawei P8 Lite, Android 7

Phone says its signed out of my Google a/c. I've changed the password on the a/c vis Chrome on a PC - logged in and out of that several times with the new password it works fine.

The phone says its signed out of my Google account. I input the new password very carefully checking each character as its entered, done this several times, 100% sure its correct but the phone refuses to sign in.

Beginning to regret the jump to Android, the Google store is fab, Apps great but as an OS Android sucks compaired to Windows phone. should have splashed the extra and gone iOS

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you delete the original Android account in the phone? If not, the phone has 2 choices to use, and it probably keeps choosing the old one.

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Bit more info

Some Google Apps still work

email, calander, Docs, and a few other bits are Syncing but some stuff isn't Contacts, Play Music (not that I use it) people details all report Sync issues.

I cant sign into the Play store, play newsstand isn't updating.

I changed the password on the Google a/c (doing this through Chrome on the PC) today as the phone hasn't been connecting for around 10 days.

Huawei P8 lite - obviously out of data Android (7) because Huawei cant be bothered to offer updates, Ditto EMUI (stick on 5) and last monthly security update Feb 2017. seems Huawei just want you to **** off after they have had your dosh. do I sound jaded from my Android experience? do you think I'll buy anoyet Android **** phone.... God I'm passed at this ****. sorry rant over.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

If it's of any interest, I have never had such problems on any Android device....nor, if it comes to that, on iPhones or Windows phones. Don't be deterred too easily. :)

I'll move the thread to the P8 Lite forum.

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Did you delete the original Android account in the phone? If not, the phone has 2 choices to use, and it probably keeps choosing the old one.

phone was brand new in June - I just set it up to an existing Google a/c I had through Chrome on my PC. all was fine until around 10 days ago when it stopped connecting to the play newsstand and the google play store. Have to admit that i'm quite disillusioned with all this...

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

If it's of any interest, I have never had such problems on any Android device....nor, if it comes to that, on iPhones or Windows phones. Don't be deterred too easily. :)

I'll move the thread to the P8 Lite forum.

Thank you for moving the post.

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Well first off a genuine thank you to the folks who replied.

This morning I did a factory reset and recovered from Google backup.

The good news it seems to be OK now.

The bad:

The recovery process recovered my Gmail account - the one I NEVER use. It failed to recover the email accounts that I do use.

I need to rearrange all the icons into groups again.

It recovered all the Apps that Hewei installed out of the factory, those that I deleted without even opening when the phone was new, so now I doing that all over again. Thanks Huawei!

I'm reminded of all the crap Huawei installed that cant be deleted that just sits there robbing storage, again thanks for that!

Its put all the horrid themes and wall papers back but not the plan black wallpaper I put on.

Its still an out of date version of Android, EMUI (although I'd willingly dump that) and obviously no monthly security updates beyond the Feb 2017 that was on it originally. Well who'd want security updates, properly just makes life hard for the Chinese Gov when they want data...

All told the Android/Huawei love affair is well and truly over

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
So stuck with it and an now liking Android a lot, even got a PixelBook (skipped the crap from the usual manufacturers and got a Google PixelBook).

The Google Ecosystem has a lot going for it and Chrome OS and Android get closer.

BUT as for Huawei... well lets just say my opinion is worse now then it was back then. Horrid, nasty stuff...

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
All my phone problems now solved, I got a Pixel 2xl. Fab camera, no bloat ware, regular monthly updates, obviously Android Pie as soon as it came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol