PHOTON #2 Now Failing

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been great except for Google voice taking over till I figured out how to set to voice mail only.

Access ur google.voice on a desktop pc or laptop. U get more options on how to set it up the way u like it. If u want more help hit me up at my gtalk. Jbuggyps2

Also no issues with my photon whatsoever. Check ur settings and make sure things are setup properly. Moto will be releasing an ota soon to address these issues that some are having.

AlfieKam

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my Photon for a couple of days and ive only had one issue which resolved itself when i turned off the phone and turned it back on. The screen would lock when i was on a phone call and wouldnt let me unlock it. That and me *****ing about the battery drain...otherwise my phone runs like a champ.

And i agree with taking your phone back to Sprint until you get a working one. I went through 12 HTC Touch Pro's 4 from Best Buy and the rest from Sprint themselves ... it happens. Just replace it.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What an utter total pos.
It now refuses to receive calls yet i get a voicemail. If i call out, half the time i hear nothing

I got a call from a head hunter which did come through and all of a sudden the phone started making a loud crackling noise through the earpiece and then shut down.

Back to my ancient blackberry until they come out with a damn phone that van at least make and receive calls.

Yeah, it's the Atrix all over again basically. I mean, almost the exact same problems. Most people had muffled voices rendering their phones unable to make or receive calls due to it (no one can hear you, how can you talk on your phone?). Motorola has fooled me enough, I'm done with this terrible company.

bwolfe90

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Funny to see this thread appear. Today I had three times in the middle of calls switch from bluetooth to speaker. Then tonight I was unable to type anything in a reply to text message, made a call then tried another and the phone would respond to repeated attempts to dial out or change modes. After 30 minutes it just decided to play catch-up and dialed out, hung up, dialed out, etc,. VERY strange. My first Android after switching from a Palm Pre. I'm not excited about it and would probably switch to a Pre3 if it existed yet.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
This is awful. I love this phone, but need it to work. Would be a crying shame to have to take it back

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been great except for Google voice taking over till I figured out how to set to voice mail only.

Uninstall GV and reinstall. as soon as you hit the GV app icon, it comes up and says Welcome to google voice. There are 3 choices....skip, exit and next.....choose skip (otherwise GV takes over everything)....sign in with account...allow...next....select do not use gv to make calls....next...configure....

A dialogue box will appear and press the number provided and make the call. 6 beeps and call will end. Follow the rest of the instructions. If it says reading phone settings and hangs there, just reboot phone and your good to go....GV is now just your voice mail.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
In what ways do you feel it is better than the 3VO?
Battery life is superior
UI doesn't stutter like sense 3.0 (sense 3.0 uses alot of ram)
Call quality is superior to 3D (making and receiving)
External speaker is loud and can be heard while in pocket
supports most video formats without 3rd party programs
2.79GB space for apps and Almost 9GB for internal storage. Can add SD card for more if you wish
Signal is on par or better than OG Evo but destroys the 3D's. Period.
Much lighter than than the 3D

The list goes on. I like HTC and it's OG evo's. I have 3 of them. But the 3D is lacking. I went through 3 of them and the 3rd was the best...no screen tilt (the tilt drove me crazy!), batt life was better, and signal was better but still went into roaming in places it shouldn't and dropped my calls. I just feel the Photon is a much better phone.

Reactions: navg8r531

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's the Atrix all over again basically. I mean, almost the exact same problems. Most people had muffled voices rendering their phones unable to make or receive calls due to it (no one can hear you, how can you talk on your phone?). Motorola has fooled me enough, I'm done with this terrible company.

If you think HTC is better then more power to you. They all have thier problems. But to be honest, the OG EVO is a great phone. The 3D not so much.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Funny to see this thread appear. Today I had three times in the middle of calls switch from bluetooth to speaker. Then tonight I was unable to type anything in a reply to text message, made a call then tried another and the phone would respond to repeated attempts to dial out or change modes. After 30 minutes it just decided to play catch-up and dialed out, hung up, dialed out, etc,. VERY strange. My first Android after switching from a Palm Pre. I'm not excited about it and would probably switch to a Pre3 if it existed yet.

I would have (at the first sign of trouble) rebooted the phone. Sounds like an app got unresponsive making the phone act like that. I know it's a pain but ALL phones do something to aggrevate it's user and a reboot usually solves it. I gave my pre to my son and it's a good phone.

joshuuuaa

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
anyone having charging issues?
Seems if my photon drops below 20-30% the thing doesn't always want to charge back up and gets extremely warm, i have to restart the phone and/or pull the battery but that doesn't always work either.
Not using any battery widget or apps.

The stock alarm clock doesn't play sound when going off either, but the vibration on a hard surface seems to be good enough.

Also had an instance while streaming from music beta were the battery drained in little over an hour from 100 to 10% and got all toasty in my pocket.

didalucci

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
i'm on my 3rd moPho. 1st one dead pixel, 2nd one screen would not come out of sleep even after several battery pulls. had 3rd 1 for 6 days. it is experiencing same audio anomalies previously described. problem started after i sycned it with my acura bt this morn. disabled bt on phone. anybody else see any correlation between bt and audio issue?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My photon seems to be rock solid. Just keep taking the phone to sprint and exchange till you get one that works correctly. You have that right! Trust me, This phone slaughters the EVO 3D in every aspect of a smartphone.

That is a bold statement. I say to each their own. Both are great phones, and if you prefer one over the other that's fine. It seems as though too many people buy a new phone and for whatever reason feel the need to bash every other phone.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My cover is anything but loose. Takes an act of Congress to get it open, in fact.

It took me an old Priest, a new Priest, a Witch Doctor, a Shaman, and the 4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse to get mine off when I forgot to put my SD card in when I first got my Photon.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I may have fixed my problems. I had an application called Cerberus (used for tracking the phone if lost). I uninstalled it, thinking it might be messing with the internals of Android a bit, and most of my issues have gone away (for now).

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It took me an old Priest, a new Priest, a Witch Doctor, a Shaman, and the 4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse to get mine off when I forgot to put my SD card in when I first got my Photon.

Amen! I thought I was going to break the stupid thing. Got my 32gb sd card in and now I doubt I'll ever try opening it back up.

Sent from my Photon

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That is a bold statement. I say to each their own. Both are great phones, and if you prefer one over the other that's fine. It seems as though too many people buy a new phone and for whatever reason feel the need to bash every other phone.

Well, The comment I made is soley my opinion. You say both are great phones and that's your opinion. I didn't "bash" it by saying "it sucks" or "it's a horrble device", I just said the Photon slaughters it as a smartphone and which it does...in my opinion. I owned both so I can attest to this without reservation. HTC makes great devices like the OG EVO. To this day it's one of my fav's, that's why I own 3!! The 3D is lacking in many ways. Sense is a hog and stutters (all 3 devices I had), 2 of them had a major screen tilt to the left, 2 got horrible reception and 1 was ok, and don't get me started about batt life. The moPho is a much better phone an all aspects...in my opinion.

All manufacturers send out bad batches of phones because there is no QC check before shipping. This I know. But when many...MANY people complain about the same thing, it's most likely a phone problem, either software or harware and not an isolated incident. HTC makes decent phones, just the 3D isn't up to par.....and yes...I've been I die hard HTC fan since the mogul...but the "fan" in me has worn out.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I had the EVO 3D and now have the Photon. The EVO 3D does suck. The call quality is terrible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000