Photon Owner's Comments, Issues, and Reviews

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Photon two days ago. There are no indicator lights. I have to unlock the phone to see if I have any texts, messages, emails. I do get a green light if there is a missed call. Am I missing something? I can;t find anywhere to turn this on either. Maybe mine is broken?

Mine works fine.. you probably need to swap it out if that is a major issue for you.

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Photon two days ago. There are no indicator lights. I have to unlock the phone to see if I have any texts, messages, emails. I do get a green light if there is a missed call. Am I missing something? I can;t find anywhere to turn this on either. Maybe mine is broken?

You could also download a messaging App from the market (I.e, go sms pro) which fixes that problem. It's also much better than stock in terms of features.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Photon 4G a couple of days ago, and I am extremely impressed with it. Very reluctantly gave up my EVO 4G, but I'm very happy I did, for a couple of reasons:

• Battery life: Lasts longer than the EVO ever did; charges up super fast on the wall adapter.
  • Video camera quality: The video quality is fantastic; very smooth.
  • Audio quality: Sounds like it has a wider dynamic range than the EVO did; even the microphone records great audio when recording a video.
  • Gaming: Beast of a gaming device; not sure if it's the resolution or what, but games like Dungeon Defenders run better than on my XOOM.

So far, I love the thing; I think the audio quality on videos really blew me away. My EVO videos had awful sound quality; there is some light compression from the mic on the Photon, but nothing really awful.

spaceage918

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MoPho is a beast phone...only issue I have with it after using for 5 days is the random signal drops. Battery is kind of suspect but I've only cycled it once..should I cycled it a couple more times?

rose0529

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my Photon on Friday (9/30). Love the phone except, I cannot get my Facebook to sync with my contacts. Also when I go into my accounts and click on facebook (have tried deleting and readding a couple times) it doesnt show my username just password and won't let me do anything with out the username. Any suggestions?

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my Photon on Friday (9/30). Love the phone except, I cannot get my Facebook to sync with my contacts. Also when I go into my accounts and click on facebook (have tried deleting and readding a couple times) it doesnt show my username just password and won't let me do anything with out the username. Any suggestions?

Contacts> display> check facebook

panaguy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe the reason you can't sync your Facebook friends info with your Google account and Contacts is that Google recently pulled the support (on Gingerbread 2.3.X )of this incredibly useful feature from Android because Facebook officially refuses to allow contact or date "portability" in the proper API needed for Android/Google contacts to sync with Facebook. Another words, Facebook wants your contact info including syncing from other sources but they don't want to "share" or reciprocate info with other services like Google (one way street).

Earlier versions of Android had a "work-around" to syncing Facebook friends that Google improvised but in this "Clash of the Titans", Google dropped this workaround support when they introduced Gingerbread in an attempt to get Facebook to be compliant with "data portability".

It's maddening to say the least, because it's the Android device owner caught in the middle of this feud for control of YOUR Facebook information (and it's not Google's fault this time :-X )